• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cabot old credit card debt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cabot old credit card debt

@[U]nemesis45
    @[U]Diana M

I sent CCA request which they received on 21st September, here is the reply I received.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Dobbs2010 View Post
      @[U]nemesis45
      @[U]Diana M

I sent CCA request which they received on 21st September, here is the reply I received.
      Hello Dobbs,

A standard Cabot Bull Shite letter !!

I take there's been no other contact from them at all?

nem

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
        Hello Dobbs,

A standard Cabot Bull Shite letter !!

I take there's been no other contact from them at all?

nem
        They sent me an account statement the day they received the CCA request, which was basically like their other letters just set out a little differently.

Comment

They sent me an account statement the day they received the CCA request, which was basically like their other letters just set out a little differently.

Was the statement just the amount outstanding? Not a detailed one?

nem

Comment

Was the statement just the amount outstanding? Not a detailed one?

nem
            Here it is.
            Attached Files

Comment

Here it is.
              Thanks Dobbs,

That's the statement of the current status of the account as required with a CCA request.

I think that's probably all they know about the the account.

nem

Comment

Thanks Dobbs,

That's the statement of the current status of the account as required with a CCA request.

I think that's probably all they know about the the account.

nem
                Thanks nem, will see what happens.

Dobbs

Comment

@nemesis45 @Diana_M

Quick update, have received the attached letter from Cabot.
                  Attached Files

Comment

@nemesis45 @Diana_M

Hi Dobbs,

That is a standard Carboot template letter i.e. we can't enforce the debt because we can't prove you owe it but please pay us anyway!

I think you should ignore any further letter from Cabot from now on, but keep all that you just in case they try some dirty tricks such as selling the debt to another muppet in the future.

nem

- - - Updated - - -

@nemesis45 @Diana_M

Hi Dobbs,

That is a standard Carboot template letter i.e. we can't enforce the debt because we can't prove you owe it but please pay us anyway!

I think you should ignore any further letter from Cabot from now on, but keep all that you just in case they try some dirty tricks such as selling the debt to another muppet in the future.

nem

Comment

Thanks for all your advice nem, will keep all the letters safe somewhere.

Steve

Hi Dobbs,

nem

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Dobbs,

nem

Comment

have received the attached letter from Cabot.
                        When they say "you are still obliged to repay the outstanding balance" they are really hoping to make you feel morally obliged because you're not legally obliged

Di

Comment

Sorry to raise this old thread, but I've now received a letter from Cabot, one and half years later threatening me with a CCJ. I have attached copies of the letter, they have sent an alleged copy of my Mint agreement, with a copy of a statement dated 28/10/2010, showing the last ever payment I made to them on the 1/10/2010. I have never made any agreement or payment to Cabot. Also one thing to add this letter was just sent by 2nd class post, so they can't even say that I've received it?
                          Attached Files

Comment

Sorry I haven't read your thread properly but from what I can see you have not made a payment in over 6 years or acknowledged the actual debt . As such the debt should/could be statute barred

I am quite surprised they have now sent you what they claim to be the agreement - is it an original copy or is it reconstituted

I would not go telling them its statute barred at this point- just try to eek it out

Just because the letter says they now see it as enforceable doesn't actually mean they will do anything and if they do they should send a letter before action which would give you the opportunity to ask for some agreements etc

From my own experience with a Mint and RBS credit card sold to cabot possibly in the same batch as yours, the default notices were dodgy or at least arguably dodgy

I know there have been some site running that claim to be able to get debts written off but I would say at this point be reactive

Roughly how much do they say you owe ?

I am wondering if I will get similar letters now

Diana M

Comment

Originally posted by warwick65 View Post
                              Sorry I haven't read your thread properly but from what I can see you have not made a payment in over 6 years or acknowledged the actual debt . As such the debt should/could be statute barred

I am quite surprised they have now sent you what they claim to be the agreement - is it an original copy or is it reconstituted

I would not go telling them its statute barred at this point- just try to eek it out

Just because the letter says they now see it as enforceable doesn't actually mean they will do anything and if they do they should send a letter before action which would give you the opportunity to ask for some agreements etc

From my own experience with a Mint and RBS credit card sold to cabot possibly in the same batch as yours, the default notices were dodgy or at least arguably dodgy

I know there have been some site running that claim to be able to get debts written off but I would say at this point be reactive

Roughly how much do they say you owe ?

I am wondering if I will get similar letters now

Diana M
                              Please forgive my ignorance, but what is a reconstituted agreement, how would I tell?

Comment

A reconstituted agreement should say so and it will not have your signature on it. Basically it is a copy of what you would have signed and is allowed when sending a cca request.

It must be truthful and honest however the purpose of a cca request is to provide information and not as a means of proof.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X