• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Can I sue the council environmental team?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I sue the council environmental team?

I have a nightclub next door; I am losing sleep 3 nights per week till 3am.Can I sue them or the council who are protecting them and refusing to look at the license despite making recordings in our homes?
    Tags: None

Re: Can I sue the council environmental team?

Have you seen the licence which the night club is operating under.
    View it and take a copy. You need to record the sound levels and the incidents. If any look like breaches of the peace call the police.
    You will need strong evidence to get the licence revoked. Breaches will need to go on every weekend for several months. Make, sure that you are reporting the noise to the correct department. If nothing happens go to upur elected member.
    Council's are very short of money at the moment and this sounds like a thriving business which will be paying money in NNDR.
    I am sure other Beagles will be along shortly to advise.

Comment

Re: Can I sue the council environmental team?

A few questions

How long has this club been licensed until this time of the morning?

How long has this affected you?

Are there any other complaints about the noise from those around you?

What exactly has the Council and their EH officers said and done, these are questions that will help you get some advice the council do have a duty to monitor licensed premises so should have offered some help advise to you and to this club

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X