• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Advice needed for PPC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice needed for PPC

Hi, I received a parking charge for overstaying in a small retail outlet (MCDs and a couple of shops) which has free parking with a limit of 120 minutes. It states the vehicle was there from (approximately) 11pm to 2am. I ignored this and have received a second letter now. I did this because a few years ago I received a similar fine for overstaying 5 minutes in a Lidl car park. I looked into the law and the advice was to ignore everything which eventually proved successful. However someone has informed me that the law has changed and that the owner of the vehicle is liable for the fine if the driver who incurred the penalty doesn't pay.

It is too late for an appeal (it is past 28 days from the date of offence).
    What should I do? I am worried.

Even if said offence did occur then isn't the fine unreasonable due to the shops closing at about 8pm and the MCDs closing at 12am. So the vehicle being in the car park longer than 120 minutes isn't stopping other vehicles using the car park and subsequently stopping them using the shops as they are closed anyway.

Advice on my situation and clarity on the law and procedure will be much appreciated!!

Thank you
    Tags: None

Re: Advice needed for PPC

The new piece of law is POFA, available here, which give the parking company the right to claim the unpaid charges from the keeper of the car as long as they follow the requirements. Check paragraph 9 and make sure everything that is required is in the PCN and you received it within 14 days.

Comment

So basically I have to pay it as the owner of the vehicle as they have followed some BS procedure?

If I don't then what will happen?

Comment

Nobody said you had to pay. You asked for the applicable regulations. Have you checked paragraph 9 against what was on the notice you received and did you receive it within 14 days, as asked previously?

Do you live in Scotland, is it a hire car?

The questions are for a reason, and edit you first post so that the driver cannot be inferred.

Ignoring could just get you to the small claims court.

Comment

Yes it met all regulations and I received it within 14 days. No I don't live in Scotland and it's not a hire car

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X