• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Smart parking at Fistral Beach

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smart parking at Fistral Beach

Hi
    I'm after some advise. I've just got back from Fistral Beach in Newquay and have received two parking charge notices from Smart Parking. They are both for unauthorised parking by either not purchasing a ticket or by remaining at the carpark longer than permitted.
    On the day in question for the first one we entered the carpark at the time it shows on the vehicle entering site picture and stayed for approximately 10 mins to observe the surfing conditions. We left to collect our boards and wetsuits and returned at 6:30 when it stated it was free parking. We left again at the time it shows on the vehicle exiting site picture. It does not seem to have recorded us leaving the first time?
    On the second day in question my wife actually purchased a ticket up to the 6:30 time limit for free parking and again we left at the time it shows on the vehicle leaving site picture. Unfortunately, since returning we have cleared the dashboard of the car and no longer have the proof of purchase.
    I don't want to pay the £100 fine for each of the days as I don't feel that we did anything wrong, but I also don't want the issue to go to court. I'm lost as to how to appeal as my issues don't seem to be on any of their challenge reply slips.
    If you could advise me as to what I should do next or where I stand legally it would be very much appreciated.
    Thank you in advance of your response & I apologise for the long winded message.
    Leegas
    Tags: None

Re: Smart parking at Fistral Beach

http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...ket-on-vehicle

Day 1 - The driver made 2 visits and your ANPR seems to have calculated using entry 1 and exit 2.

Day 2 - The driver paid.

For the 2nd one, you paid until the free period started but didn't leave ? I think that breaches the t&cs but no matter, we should win at popla.

1 appeal per ticket obviously.

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X