• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

does section 7 and section 37 report still hold weight in court

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• does section 7 and section 37 report still hold weight in court

I have been going through courts for joint custody of my children for over 16 months now. A section 7 done 12 months ago recommended joint residency and custody, my ex wife told the court the children were frightened to tell the truth that they didn't want to see me so an addendum report was asked for. This once again recommended joint residency and custody. In march 2016 at the final hearing, my ex wife told the court that there was questionable behaviour from me towards my 11 year old daughter. This stopped the hearing and a section 37 was asked for. This was done in may 2016 and again recommended joint residency and custody. In July there was an argument at the school between us that upset the children. It was shameful on both our parts but since then she has gone against the child arrangement order and says the children don't want to see me. I have been the main parent since the day they were born. The trouble is she has now kept them from me for 6 weeks and an addendum has been asked for once again.
    My question is really about this addendum report. Given the obvious hatred she has for me, wrongfully accusing me of being a paedophile in court, she will have spent every moment of the past 6 weeks manipulating them into making it clear they no longer wish to spend half their time with me. Will the fact that the previous 3 reports have recommended joint custody still hold weight in court. The final hearing is for 2 days. I am frightened they will say they no longer want to be with me although by now they must be missing me as this is the longest we have ever been apart.
    Will the fact that she has made such disgusting accusations go against her?
    I have the full support of the children's school as she has never taken them. She also spends 8-10 days per month away with her boyfriend and the children have made it clear they wish to be with me when she is away, all reports so far have recommended this
    The children are 12, 11 and 9
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X