• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Sherriff awards damages against trader for failing to remove false data from CRA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sherriff awards damages against trader for failing to remove false data from CRA

My header should refer too the dealer who sold equipment which was rejected & NOT CRA............... I'm STILL moving to Scotland

Also I don't think CRA's should be considered immune if they record falsehoods

http://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/opinions/A187_04.html
    Last edited by righty; 26th May 2008, 15:08:PM. Reason: To correct mistake in header

Re: Sherriff awards damages against CRA & client for failing to remove false data

Title is misleading because the damages have been awarded against DSG for falsely sellling a computer to Mr R Durkin which did not meet his specifications and which he rejected at the earliest possibility and against HFC bank for processing a default against Mr R Durkin for the same article, even though he had both rejected the item and made the HFC Bank aware of this and his resciding of the the agreement within a short time period thereafter. The Damages are against HFC for the default mark made TO the CRA and the Retail shop for misrepresentation therein. The CRA's themselves were not sued in this case.
    Have you seen how much he won? Paragraph 47 £116 674. That is humungous.

Comment

Re: Sherriff awards damages against CRA & client for failing to remove false data

As far as I'm aware, it ain't over yet, but I'd need to check. I'll go see if I can find his posts where there was talk of an appeal.
      My Blog
      http://cabotfanclub.wordpress.com

Comment

Very interesting !

Any idea when the appeal is likely to be heard?

Budgie

Comment

Re: Sherriff awards damages against trader for failing to remove false data from CRA

I'm struggling to find the original post. It's in MSE somewhere. :tinysmile_hmm_t2:
          My Blog

Comment

Re: Sherriff awards damages against trader for failing to remove false data from CRA

Unfortunately there's not much else in the thread. (Yes, I did finally find it)

Here it is though...

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/....html?t=885979
            My Blog

Comment

What a fantastic outcome and it's not over yet. I hope we get to hear about the appeal.

I know I'm going off topic a bit here but when I got my tv on 6 months int free credit, the contract was with hfc and I had to pay a dd for the 5 months till the full amount was due. This I knew about of course. What I didn't know about that in the small print it said I had to pay £25 for paying off the account early. This wasn't mentioned at point of sale either. So not totally an int free credit period at all imo. Anyway I wrote the cheque and sent it with a letter stating I would never deal with hfc again or curry's for that matter. They also said you could only pay by cheque or bacs and it would take 10 days to process, so I bet many a folk has been charged for a late payment by these cheeky sods.

Comment

That's interesting, Enaid. Have a look at the terms and conditions... if they are billing this as 0% APR or interest free credit, it is likely they are commiting a criminal offence. Complaint to trading standards is in order.

Comment

Well thats what curry's said, but the actual contract was with HFC bank. I was presuming this was in order, even though I was a tad upset about it.

Comment

LMFAO Budgie love the new avatar PMSL quality. Thats one for over the road mate if ever I saw one.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X