• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cabot/dlc/restons help please!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cabot/dlc/restons help please!

Hi
    not sure if you can see my older posts regarding the ongoing restons claim for old debt?
    having asked the agencies involved for copy of credit agreement and details of payments etc., i have now recieved the following letters which seem to be conflicting?
    the letter regarding payments do not state who actually made these payments, as requested, as we think it was my husbands ex wife who took this credit out.
    can you please have a look and advise on my next move.
    if you need a reminder of case, please let me know.
    many thanks
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

Re: Cabot/dlc/restons help please!

Hi
    I do think they contradict each other, they are separate replies, I imagine to separate questions. In one you asked for a CCA request which they have said that they will get to you as soon as possible, the other is a response to it being statute barred , they are saying that it isn't because.

It does depend on what exactly you asked DLC and at what stage you are at. Did you ask for details of the payment, time place method etc or did you just say it was SB

Has a claim been issued?

If there is another thread , it might be better to keep all together. [MENTION=49370]Kati[/MENTION]

Comment

Hi
      thanks for that. Wasnt too sure how to link the links. Sorry.
      i asked for details of payment methods, who paid, when and how much and suggested it was SB.

Also asked for the CCA which has obviously gone over the 12 days. Does that mean the debt in not enforceable?

Comment

No compliance means it is unenforeceable UNTIL they do comply. Once they comply it then becomes enforceable assuming that what they send is what they should.

However , depending on when the agreement was signed , pre or post Apr 2007 , even a complied with CCA request can still mean it is unenforceable - that is for pre 2007 - and only if it does not comply with regulations.

You will know more when they get the agreement . If it was the ex , if your husband is in touch, he can just passi t on to her but also tell Cabot and DLC that she does not live at the address and maybe just state when the divorce was. No need to offer up forwarding addresses if you don't want to. I think that depends on , if you know where she lives and what sort of terms they are on.

You could write back asking them to clarify the who when where bit saying you have no record of a payment or wait for the CCA request. Generally better not to get involved in letters

Comment

Ok. Just to clarify,just sit tight until they send CCA, if they send it and do nothing?
          Thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by Catflap123 View Post
            Ok. Just to clarify,just sit tight until they send CCA, if they send it and do nothing?
            Thanks again
            Yes , as long as they have not issued a claim

Comment

No claim as yet. Thanks

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X