• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

cpr request

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cpr request

hi all
    if you have submitted a cpr request that asks for documentation over and above the claim form is this invalid?
    are you able to resubmit?
    many thanks
    Tags: None

Re: cpr request

I am told that a cpr31.14 request is only for documents on the claim form, a cpr 18 is for other documents/questions.

I imagine they will write back to you saying it is invalid so i do not see why you can not resubmit

I know another forum only ever use CPR 18 requests but they have a few wacky ideas.
    @charitynjw @Diana M [MENTION=55034]nemesis45[/MENTION]

Comment

thank you!
      any advice much appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by allotment View Post
        hi all
        if you have submitted a cpr request that asks for documentation over and above the claim form is this invalid?
        are you able to resubmit?
        many thanks
        If your CPR 31.14 request asks for more than the documents specifically mentioned in the POC some solicitors will ignore some will say that you've got it wrong and grudgingly say they will try to get the docs, or explain that as the claim will be allocated to the small claims track so CPR 31.14 is not relevant.

nem

Comment

thanks for your response.
          so what is the point of them if they are not relevant? i ask as there is a particular document in my claim that i still have not received and wondering how they can have it in the claim if they dont have the document?

Comment

Originally posted by allotment View Post
            thanks for your response.
            so what is the point of them if they are not relevant? i ask as there is a particular document in my claim that i still have not received and wondering how they can have it in the claim if they dont have the document?
            The debt purchasers very rarely have any documentation regarding the debts on which they issue county court claims, because debts are sold in portfolio lots there's little information passed from the original creditor to the debt purchaser.
            You will see all the time the debt purchasers say they will have to get the documents requested via a CCA or CPR31.14 request.

nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X