• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Freehold title problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Freehold title problems

Originally posted by kmc1207 View Post
    Thank you for your reply. lLeases are not cross over. I think the repossessed persons name remains on FH title in error due to repossession. The problem I have is the downstairs freeholder who was charging me ground rent believed he was the freeholder and will not take the title from repossessed person because she will not hand it over until I pay the premium for it, and as I am on a low lease it will cost me £20,000. This would be fine if I could sell and pay her out of the proceeds but I am not able to sell with the titles the way they are. Would Barclays be able to help in anyway? I insure my property myself, I always have.
    Hi, sorry was posting on here before you added that last one. I would agree over the error in repo and thats probebly the place to start. I just wouldnt be confident that it wasnt a cross over lease prior your purchase.... it may have been messed up before. Cross over leases can range from each holding the others freehold, and granting leases, to the floor holding the freeholds, and leases granted to cover shard roof/drains/pipework.
    crazy council ( as in local council,NELC ) as a member of the public, i don't get mad, i get even

Comment

The upstairs part of freehold 122a was transferred to JB in 122 28/03/1956 I have a copy of transfer and a lease. Both FHs held by him until he died in 2003 and 122 was sold on, then both titles were transferred to A & DA. All my solicitors did insist on at the time I bought was the attached deed of variation.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by kmc1207; 5th September 2016, 11:22:AM.

Comment

spotted something but need to check it first,, also, there's personal details on that, you be better of covering up the names and addresses,

That deed refers to your lease, and the section 3.2 , refers to covenants as part of the lease, and i need to check what that normal refiars to, i think i know, but noit sure.
        crazy council ( as in local council,NELC ) as a member of the public, i don't get mad, i get even

Comment

Thanks I'll delete the document and do a new one

Comment

hi
            just guessing here but
            2003 downstairs 122 sold to A & DA and both freehold titles transferred to them and 1 leasehold title for 122.
            2005 Barclays bank repossessed dowstairs 122 from A & DA
            2005 Downstairs 122 sold to ME leasehold title transferred but only one of the freehold titles for 122. Upstairs FH title remained in the name of A & DA. ME was unaware of this and started charging me ground rent as he assumed he was freeholder to both upstairs and down. He also asked me at this time if I wanted to extend my lease as it was getting quite low I refused.
            2007 downstairs property 122 sold to SM and new lease created for him. Freehold title for 122 still held by ME..
            That makes me think that when the lady ( who got repoe'd ) purchased the property and titles in 2003, that both titles and the property, would have been part of the mortgagee, since she got repo'd, they all would have passed to the mortgage co, or there solicitors.
            Then, when the repo was done, the solicitors didnt think to look if there was an extra freehold, or if the mortgagee was attached to the second ( your ) FH

So, you need to find out, what was tied to the mortgagee that got repo'd ( was it both titles ) ( i think i had to have been )
            Did the banks solicitors register everything properly ( possibly why its still in her name )

If the above is correct, you will need to purchase the FH off the bank that repo'd her ( possibly at a very good price from your perspective ), they may not know they hold it

Please just bear in mind, this is a guess

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy council View Post
              spotted something but need to check it first,, also, there's personal details on that, you be better of covering up the names and addresses,

That deed refers to your lease, and the section 3.2 , refers to covenants as part of the lease, and i need to check what that normal refiars to, i think i know, but noit sure.
              CC, a leasehold is the interest in the property, whereas a covenant means the obligations in the agreement (covenant). Is this what you mean, or something else?

Comment

When I purchased in 1999 I was not made aware there was two FH titles . . . . .

My solicitor is the same solicitor who I used in 1999, he has now gone very quiet on me and I don't really know what to do
                Do you have any insurance policies which might include Legal Expenses Cover so you can get a second opinion on this situation?

If (and I stress if ) your solicitor didn't give you the right legal advice when you purchased the property he's hardly likely to admit to that now.

It seems you don't have a mortgage on the maisonette at the moment, but did you successfully obtain one in the past indicating something 'legal' may have altered along the way (since 1999)?

Di

Comment

It says on my freehold register that 04.03.2003 the price stated to have been paid on 06/12/2002 for the land in this title and in SY****** (which is for downstairs) was £124995. Would that mean its all tied together and the repossession should of been for all of it?

Comment

I will check my insurance but at present I am only paying for unoccupied property insurance as its the only insurance I could get. My property has been sitting empty for 3 years because of this problem. I think it's happened during the repossession of the downstairs property.

Comment

It says on my freehold register that 04.03.2003 the price stated to have been paid on 06/12/2002 for the land in this title and in SY****** (which is for downstairs) was £124995. Would that mean its all tied together and the repossession should of been for all of it?
                      It should have been, i will have to check with someone a bit more familiar with it, its complex this but not entirely unfamiliar to some of my friends, I will chase them up on thursday evening. When we chatted the other day, we all suspected that the mortgage co ( the womans ) didnt registers both the lease properly, its likely they were registered against the mortgagee, but not further.

Comment

Hi [MENTION=90471]kmc1207[/MENTION]

After chatting again between my buddies, theres not a lot i can add to whats been suggested, It looks as if the repo solicitors might have messed up conveyancing and not dealt with the lease properly, but it should be sortable, you just might have to push at the solicitors to get them to admit/sort it.

But i would be very interested in the outcome of this, lots to learn from this.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X