• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help with Bristow and Sutor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Bristow and Sutor

Hi

Can anyone help please?

My partner of a couple of years earlier this year advised that Bristow and Sutor and found her and they wanted £5 a week for outstanding council tax from her previous address from 2012.

I thought nothing of it, but to pay it off. We had just had a baby and she is not working.
    However Bristow and Sutor in June advised that this was just a temporary arrangement and demanded £25 a week.

I had just started an IVA for my own debts and pay £101 a month and to pay £100 for one debt of £603 was far too much.

I wrote them a letter stressing that I was on three different blood pressure tablets from the doctors and that we just couldn't afford such amount. We also visited CAB and another free charity company who both spike to Bristow and Sutor. However they would not budge.

Although I couldn't afford and didn't agree to pay them £25 a week. I still kept up payment. I made a payment of £53 on the 1st July and then on the 15th. I set up standing orders to carry on until the £603 would be cleared in six months. Still within their time frame of wanting the debt cleared in six months.

I chose these dates, as these are the dates I have wages go into my account. I don't get paid weekly, or fortnightly.

We made for regular payments in two months bringing the amount owed of £603 down to £400. These payments were regular and ongoing. Well that was until a bailiff from Bristow and Sutor turned up at the home when I was at work.

My partner called me to advise the he was there and to confirm that we were paying the amount they had requested. I spoke to this bailiff confirming that regular payments had been made and were still ongoing.

He gave my partner the assumption that all was OK and he will sort it out at the office.
    He asked her to sign some blank forms (DON'T BLOODY LAUGH) Yeah, even being told not to let them in. She invites him in and signed some blank forms. But she did have our dog and the two dogs from the neighbours round her ankles and our young daughter in her arms. Anyway I digress. After leaving the house with the signed blank forms. He returned 20 minutes later posting them through the door and drove off again.

These forms he had filled out in his car. A list of items they will come and take if we don't keep up with the new agreement. 1st payment of £35 on the 1st September and then £50 a fortnight until the new amount is paid. He didn't show any I'D at the door. And for him attending charged us another £235.

I never had a problem paying the debt, just the amount the wanted so frequently. However we was making payment at the rate they wanted. So why did he need to attend and why charge us. The amount was £603 and in only 2 months we had made 4 payments bringing it down to £400. NOW IT IS BACK UPTO £635. More than was owed before. This is just theft in my eyes. But the have the law to hide behind.

I have just tonight canceled both standing orders. I advised that I don't get payed fortnightly and I can see breaking this agreement and being charged again.

I don't want to pay anymore to these thieves.

Is there anyone that can help please?

I really need a solicitor that can see that we have a case and can punish these big thieving companies that rob from the already struggling. I really don't mind paying a solicitor to win than to them.
    The need sorting out.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X