• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

BW Legal / Lowells letter of claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BW Legal / Lowells letter of claim

Hi, please can I get some advice and help on this.

I've recieved two letters in one envelope today.
    1: Lowells saying I've failed to make arrangements on my account and have now sent it to bw legal who are one of their approved litigation agencies.
    They will contact me regarding payment of outstanding balance

2: Letter of claim
    Our client: Lowell
    Original creditor: home retail group card services
    Balance: £2,800
    Account number: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

We have been instructed to by Lowell to commence legal action and issue a claim against you in the county court

If a response is not recieved by 10/9 we will issue a claim against you

.... Sets out the original debt, interest, court fees and solicitors costs to a total £3230

What do I do

Thanks
    Tags: None

Re: BW Legal / Lowells letter of claim

Hi Char58 & welcome to LB

What do I do
    How old is the alleged debt & when was the last time that you paid into the account or acknowledged it in writing?
    Did you receive a Default Notice?
    Have you had a Notice of Assignment re Lowells buying the alleged debt?
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Hi charitynjw thanks for the welcome

I've had a few letters off Lowells in the past but just stupidly, binned them.

I think I made a payment about 3/4 years ago to them as they phoned me and being on my own with my son they scared me with the legal jargon

I can't remember tho honestly when I took out the card with them sorry

Comment

I believe that you should always respond to a letter of claim asking for the documents they are going to rely on . I do not know how to word it , very sorry

You should be asking for a copy of the agreement , a copy of the default notice, a copy of the nottice of assignment, a statement of account.

You also need to send a CCA request off to Lowells asap

It might slow things down
        [MENTION=87380]Diana M[/MENTION] [MENTION=5553]charitynjw[/MENTION] might be able to help

Comment

Originally posted by Char58 View Post
          as they phoned me and being on my own with my son they scared me with the legal jargon

I can't remember tho honestly when I took out the card with them
          Debt purchasers use legal jargon to scare you on purpose. Most of the time it works.

It would be unusual for Lowell/BW Legal to walk away from this situation so a non response is probably not a good idea if the debt is not statute barred (which from what you say is not the case).

I agree with Anthony72 you should send a CCA Request to Lowells asap with a copy to BW Legal so they know that too.

Did you ever have an Argos card?

Di

Comment

Yea it was an Argos card that I had is this a problem?

What's a cca and what does this do

Thanks

Comment

http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...y-of-Agreement

You will need to send it to Lowells (not BW), enclose £1 payment (PO?), get proof of posting & keep a copy for reference.
              CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
              Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
              gets his brain a-going.
              Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
              The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Thank you, I have sent the CCA with details filled in as below.

Please can any one help me with the address for Lowells I put in the creditor bit They have 2
                Northampton pobox 1411
                or the leeds Ellington House address

Thank you
                Your name
                Your address
                Your address
                Your Postcode

DATE

Creditor Name
                Creditor Address
                Creditor Address
                Creditor Postcode

Dear Sir/Madam

Re:− Account Number
                xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

With reference to the above agreement, we would be grateful if you would send us a copy of this credit agreement.

We understand that under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (Sections 77−79), we are entitled to receive a legible copy of our credit agreement on request. We enclose a payment of £1.00 which represents the fee payable under the Consumer Credit Act.

We understand a copy of our credit agreement should be supplied within 12 working days.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully

NAME

Comment

Ellington House Recorded Delivery

Comment

Thank you Mike

Comment

Hi, last week I went to the post office and sent off £1 Postal Order and the cca request. This needed to be actioned by the 10th (this is what THEY) put in the letter OR they will take further action in the form of a CCJ.

Anyway, nothing back off them as yet, then today a nice thick brown envelope come to my door. A County Court Claim form!!!!! What the hell, is this right? They have not sent me what I requested and have gone for the ccj.

Please help me of my next actions to this as this is not right. They have totally ignored my letter to them

Comment

[MENTION=87380]Diana M[/MENTION] [MENTION=49370]Kati[/MENTION]

You need to acknowledge the claim and then send a cpr 31.14 request , these will be in the green box at the top of the thread if kati is able to move the thread.

If not , the green box is on this link
                        http://legalbeagles.info/forums/foru...-a-Court-Claim

I am afraid this is the problem , the left hand doesnt know what the right hand is doing which is why I suggested sending a LBA response to the solicitors . Its a shame that there doesn't seem to be a template for this on this forum and is too late for you now anyway.

Kati, can you move this, is that possible?

Comment

They can issue a N1 regardless at this stage and do more than not, but they cannot enforce until CCA1974 is sent that is Enforceable,

Make sure you Acknowledge the claim on MCOL and tick defend all , On Line.

Then send CPR31.14 request for documents (The only ones mentioned in the N1 court form) send Recorded Delivery

CPR 31.14 Request

Comment

Thank you. I'll acknowledge and send off a cpr 31.14. Who do I send this off to though? Lowells, the court or bw legal

Thanks

Comment

BW Legal if they are the named solicitor on the N1 form

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X