• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hoping to pick someone's brain if possible

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hoping to pick someone's brain if possible

Originally posted by wales01man View Post
    All this talk of legal action not very helpful in the short term the lady wants the dog back not a long drawn out legal battle with respect Openlaw at the moment they want an easy way to get dog back I personally would go and get it as she has no doubt proof of ownership remember as far as pets are concerned most pet owners would have got it back as soon as this started to turn nasty
    If she goes and gets it as you say, it could result in an argument and someone is arrested for a 'public order' offence. I said put pressure on the woman, I am saying if she - not so much threatens her (as that is legally not good) - gently informs the woman of the possible legal remedies, then hopefully it will frighten the woman into giving the dog back.

Comment

Legal remedies take time cost money and could in extremes alert the lady who has the dog to find another home for it life is not just a degree in law or whatever in the real world anything and everything happens

Comment

Once upon a time a Judge was asked to order which person a dog should live with as part of bitter divorce proceedings. Both the husband's and wife's legal team battled it out in court with endless case law.

The Judge took a practical approach.

He told the dog owners to meet him in the park (opposite the court) with the dog. They were told to call the dog by name. Which ever person the dog chose to go to was the person who got to keep the dog.

That makes sense to me even if it is an apocryphal story

As enaid has said, maybe it should be about the dog's preference.

Di

Comment

Originally posted by wales01man View Post
          Legal remedies take time cost money and could in extremes alert the lady who has the dog to find another home for it life is not just a degree in law or whatever in the real world anything and everything happens
          Law is a necessary evil and remedy in some circumstances, but am not necessarily advocating a legal remedy. Am simply letting the person know, who is being manipulated, that they have power in their hands. As it is, the manipulative woman (apparently, manipulative), so she thinks anyway, holds all the cards, and is making life hard for the OP's friend. So, all's am doing is providing some balance, an equilibrium of sorts. I am merely transferring the power of one into the hands of the other.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X