• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Who do I trust? Other party at fault in traffic collision.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who do I trust? Other party at fault in traffic collision.

Hi All

I was in a traffic collision, stopped waiting at a roundabout, other party drove into the back of me, car seriously damaged and neck pain. My insurance company is telling me to let them handle it, the other party's insurance company is telling me that I should let them handle it directly as my own insurance company will take 1/4 of my win but they will not. Who do I trust?!

Many thanks in advance.
    Tags: None

Re: Who do I trust? Other party at fault in traffic collision.

Deal with your insurance company. If you talk to the third party insurers you may invalidate your policy. Send any communication to your insurers don't speak to the third party insurers except to tell them to deal with your insurers.

Comment

Obviously you have a car damage claim here and a personal injury claim, so two components to deal with. I have never heard of someone's insurers taking a cut on their insured party's claim, although if this is so, it must be to do with the personal injury component. The other insurers are trying to mediate directly and offer, I suspect, a lower settlement on that basis. Whiplash injury is something a tad indefinable, both by doctors and the insurance industry, and any claim tends to be based on claim experiences and 'what the market will stand'. I suggest that you do indeed communicate solely with your own insurer but do ask the question as to whether, indeed, the do may a 25% charge for fighting for any personal injury losses.

Comment

Hi and welcome.

Firstly, what insurance cover do you have: Third party only: third party Fire and Theft or Fully comprehensive?
        Who are your insurers?
        Who are third party insurers?
        Finally do you know if the insurance companies are dealing with the claim directly, or are either of them using claims management companies.

And don't be too ready to accept an early offer for the whiplash, which may affect you for years to come!

Comment

Hi

Sorry to hear of your accident. The Association of Personal Injury Lawyers website www.apil.org.uk has a lot of information on accident claims etc and will guide you through the process. Do attend at your GP so you can be checked out as whiplash can be very debilitating and as des8 confirms can last a long time.

hope all goes well
          I work for Howlett Clarke Solicitors . Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability. If you are unsure please seek formal legal guidance.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X