Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: WON!!! Bank Smart breach of contract charges!

• Display

Site Owner

Mentions
    145 Post(s)

Default Re: Bank Smart breach of contract charges!

Quote Originally Posted by Cmesk View Post
    Hi, sorry for the long winded post but these people are seriously getting under my skin!.............. I've also been dealing with Bank Smart and have had a similar email to joncot2570, basically saying I have been abusive and no further contact will be made within 8 weeks from the complaints team (probably the same guy) or/& the legal team!

My form was signed in April and they sent me various letters asking for things I thought were either irrelevant or they should of been doing to justify their charge at the end of the claim. The last letter I received was to say they looked into my mortgage account and found I had ppi to claim but no bank charges, again they asked for more digging & searching for me to do so I cancelled all claims. The next email was the 'please log in and settle you account of £237.10!
    Three seperate invoices, two for £63 which are for the bank charge claims which are irrelevant because nothing could be claimed for and £113.10 for the ppi.

I've since email them asking for a contact number so I can speak in person but they refuse to give me one although they insist on me giving mine so they can contact me. After lots and lots of emails of me asking various questions about why my account has been put into OVERDUE status when it was only 20 days old (invoice settlement is 30 days), on the invoice it also says my claim was created on 26/7/16 and cancelled 5/8/16 which is within the 14 day cool off period.

In a nutshell they have stopped all contact with me and passed my invoice onto the legal team, they haven't answered my questions in full or gave me explanations as to why this has happened? I understand I would of had to pay cancellation fees for things they have (or probably haven't carried out) but they won't answer what I'm asking for now I'm worried that I will further costs either from them or from the court???

Any Help Would Be More Than Appreciated

Thanks
    Hiya

Have you made a formal complaint yet?

I like your pin shot
    I keep it with your letter
    Done up in blueprint blue
    It sure looks good on you
    And when you smile for the camera
    I know I'll love you better

Then the shutter falls
    You see it all in 3-D
    It's your favorite foreign movie

'Peg'

Donald Jay Fagen

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

Hello, thankyou for getting in touch,
    I have made a complaint to the Legal Omdudsman about the company and have been sent an email to the actual complaints department of Bank Smart but this was purely just to try and get back in contact with them to try and resolved?!

- - - Updated - - -

This is what I sent to the complaints department;

Good Morning,

I understand my account has been passed over to this department (possibly the same department as I've already been dealing with). My original contact was made regarding charges on my account, I've queried these charges & basically had no answers to my questions & been told just 'pay up'. I've now been refused all contact & my invoices sent to the legal team. My invoices are still within the 30 day pay period but have already been put in the OVERDUE status days ago?

As I've said in all my other previous emails I'd like this matter sorting ASAP but not in the case of basically paying I'd like answers to all my questions & requests.

Thanks

Site Owner

Mentions
    145 Post(s)

Hello, thankyou for getting in touch,
    I have made a complaint to the Legal Omdudsman about the company and have been sent an email to the actual complaints department of Bank Smart but this was purely just to try and get back in contact with them to try and resolved?!

- - - Updated - - -

This is what I sent to the complaints department;

Good Morning,

I understand my account has been passed over to this department (possibly the same department as I've already been dealing with). My original contact was made regarding charges on my account, I've queried these charges & basically had no answers to my questions & been told just 'pay up'. I've now been refused all contact & my invoices sent to the legal team. My invoices are still within the 30 day pay period but have already been put in the OVERDUE status days ago?

As I've said in all my other previous emails I'd like this matter sorting ASAP but not in the case of basically paying I'd like answers to all my questions & requests.

Thanks
    So just to be clear, you sent this to Bank Smart on the advice of the Legal Ombudsman?

I think you should make a formal complaint (about the invoices themselves and the lack of communication) so you can take it to the Legal Ombudsman if rejected so they can resolve it.

I like your pin shot

Then the shutter falls
    You see it all in 3-D

'Peg'

Donald Jay Fagen

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

Hi,

No I haven't heard back from the legal ombudsman yet I just emailed Bank Smart complaints team after reading some of your posts on here. Thank you I will send a complaint about the invoices to Bank Smart also.

Site Owner

Mentions
    145 Post(s)

Make sure that you cleary identify it as a 'formal complaint' so it gets treated like one.

I like your pin shot

Then the shutter falls
    You see it all in 3-D

'Peg'

Donald Jay Fagen

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

Ok thank you, is it ok if I copy and paste the draft you done but obviously change the information where needed?

Site Owner

Mentions
    145 Post(s)

Ok thank you, is it ok if I copy and paste the draft you done but obviously change the information where needed?
    Yes of course.

I like your pin shot

Then the shutter falls
    You see it all in 3-D

'Peg'

Donald Jay Fagen

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by EXC View Post
    Let us know how you get on.
    Hi
    Received this email reply this morning - it says they've sent letters and emails throughout asking for the completed forms (the only contact/email I've ever had was the one last week saying my account was in breach)

Dear Mr Cottrell,

We are keen to resolve this issue with you as quickly as possible. You have been invoiced as we have been trying to obtain the required fully completed form(s) from you as indicated on your online Bank-Smart account. We have sent you at least 3 postal reminders per form and emails where applicable as well as numerous other requests for the documents but as you have not responded we have had no option but to invoice for costs to date. We would like to complete the claim for you however if you do not return the form(s) in full and correctly completed we cannot do that and you will need to pay the costs. If you are having any trouble completing the form we are more than happy to help. While we are waiting for you to return the completed form(s) we will place any associated invoice(s) on hold for 30 days and if the invoice is with debt collectors we will notify them to hold the debt for 30 days to allow you time to complete and return the form(s) to us. If the forms are not returned in that period any collectors will be instructed to continue to chase the debt.

We will resend the form(s) to you within 10-15 working days by post as the lenders need the original paper copies every 3-6 months. Please ensure that you complete the form(s) in full as if they are not completed correctly and in full they will be returned to you. Please ensure that you do not put 'Do not know' as any answers or they may be rejected by the lenders, if there is anything you are unsure of please contact us.

Please ensure you contact us at [email protected] if you need any assistance in completing the form(s) once they arrive. You should also continue to log into your account regularly to ensure that once you send the fully completed form(s) that they arrive with us and are processed. We understand it can be frustrating completing these forms however it is a requirement of the lenders and the Claims Management Regulator require we follow their procedures, which can often mean the same form(s) needing to be completed at least once every six months so that they are up to date. You must ensure that all forms are completed correctly and in full or they will be returned to you again. If after receiving the forms if there is anything you are unsure of please contact us BEFORE returning the forms so that we can help you.

Please also log into your Bank-Smart account now and check that the postcode we have for you is the correct one otherwise the replacement form(s) may not arrive. Please continue to login to your secure online Bank-Smart account regularly to ensure we have all the information we require and to avoid possible future breach invoices being raised.

If you have any further queries please let us know as soon as possible as we are more than happy to assist you wherever possible to complete your remaining claim(s).

Rob Burton | Administration Supervisor
    Bank-Smart Head Office | www.bank-smart.co.uk

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joncot2570 View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

Hi
    Received this email reply this morning - it says they've sent letters and emails throughout asking for the completed forms (the only contact/email I've ever had was the one last week saying my account was in breach)

Dear Mr Cottrell,

We are keen to resolve this issue with you as quickly as possible. You have been invoiced as we have been trying to obtain the required fully completed form(s) from you as indicated on your online Bank-Smart account. We have sent you at least 3 postal reminders per form and emails where applicable as well as numerous other requests for the documents but as you have not responded we have had no option but to invoice for costs to date. We would like to complete the claim for you however if you do not return the form(s) in full and correctly completed we cannot do that and you will need to pay the costs. If you are having any trouble completing the form we are more than happy to help. While we are waiting for you to return the completed form(s) we will place any associated invoice(s) on hold for 30 days and if the invoice is with debt collectors we will notify them to hold the debt for 30 days to allow you time to complete and return the form(s) to us. If the forms are not returned in that period any collectors will be instructed to continue to chase the debt.

We will resend the form(s) to you within 10-15 working days by post as the lenders need the original paper copies every 3-6 months. Please ensure that you complete the form(s) in full as if they are not completed correctly and in full they will be returned to you. Please ensure that you do not put 'Do not know' as any answers or they may be rejected by the lenders, if there is anything you are unsure of please contact us.

Please ensure you contact us at [email protected] if you need any assistance in completing the form(s) once they arrive. You should also continue to log into your account regularly to ensure that once you send the fully completed form(s) that they arrive with us and are processed. We understand it can be frustrating completing these forms however it is a requirement of the lenders and the Claims Management Regulator require we follow their procedures, which can often mean the same form(s) needing to be completed at least once every six months so that they are up to date. You must ensure that all forms are completed correctly and in full or they will be returned to you again. If after receiving the forms if there is anything you are unsure of please contact us BEFORE returning the forms so that we can help you.

Please also log into your Bank-Smart account now and check that the postcode we have for you is the correct one otherwise the replacement form(s) may not arrive. Please continue to login to your secure online Bank-Smart account regularly to ensure we have all the information we require and to avoid possible future breach invoices being raised.

If you have any further queries please let us know as soon as possible as we are more than happy to assist you wherever possible to complete your remaining claim(s).

Rob Burton | Administration Supervisor

Could you let me know why there are 3 claims with yourselves when I initially only asked for one PPI to be checked over 3 years ago?
    Thanks
    J Cottrell
    (I have only ever received the email with the log in details and outstanding invoices on last Thursday)

Dear Mr Cottrell,

The Ombudsman requests that we split the claim into the individual reference/account/card numbers.

Regards,

SS1001 | Senior Management Team

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

Could you let me know why there are 3 claims with yourselves when I initially only asked for one PPI to be checked over 3 years ago?
    Thanks
    J Cottrell
    (I have only ever received the email with the log in details and outstanding invoices on last Thursday)

Dear Mr Cottrell,

The Ombudsman requests that we split the claim into the individual reference/account/card numbers.

Regards,

Dear Mr Cottrell,

As we have explained, the Ombudsman requests that we split the claim into the individual reference/account/card numbers. The claims are for the return of PPI and default charges.

Regards,

Site Owner

Mentions
    145 Post(s)

Just reading....

I like your pin shot

Then the shutter falls
    You see it all in 3-D

'Peg'

Donald Jay Fagen

Site Owner

Mentions
    145 Post(s)

It's pointless getting into a protracted exchange with them. You can'y argue with idiots. They're trying to circumvent your complaint.

I suggest you respond with the following:

Dear Sir

The issues I wish you to address are clearly and concisely laid out in my formal complaint of 28 August.

I do not intend to communicate with you further until such time as you issue your final response.

As I indicated, should you not uphold all 4 elements of my complaint I fully intend to take my complaint to the Legal Ombudsman without further notice.

Yours

I like your pin shot

Then the shutter falls
    You see it all in 3-D

'Peg'

Donald Jay Fagen

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

Just sent , thank you again

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

Just received a legal proceedings letter in the post - shall I email to you

Site Owner

Mentions
    145 Post(s)

Just received a legal proceedings letter in the post - shall I email to you
    Yes please.

I like your pin shot

Then the shutter falls
    You see it all in 3-D

'Peg'

Donald Jay Fagen

Mentions
    15 Post(s)

Write them, another letter with, your bank detail's on, then contact the financial ombudsman service.

Site Owner

Mentions
    145 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sloane82 View Post
    Write them, another letter with, your bank detail's on, then contact the financial ombudsman service.
    That would be entirely the wrong thing to do.

I like your pin shot

Then the shutter falls
    You see it all in 3-D

'Peg'

Donald Jay Fagen

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sloane82 View Post
    i only sent official complaint by post yesterday, emailed them the complaint on 28/08/16

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by EXC View Post
    Yes please.
    the strange thing is that the email i received this morning said they wanted to help and would put my account on hold, then a letter (dated 30th) turns up today with legal proceedings within 7 days

- - - Updated - - -

just sent you email with scans of the letter

Mentions
    15 Post(s)

So you've had credit card's in the past. Check all the statement's to see, what they were for have you had any, late payment's or charge's at all?

Site Owner

Mentions
    145 Post(s)

just sent you email with scans of the letter
    I think you sent it to the admin e-mail address, can you send it to [email protected]

I like your pin shot

Then the shutter falls
    You see it all in 3-D

'Peg'

Donald Jay Fagen

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

just sent

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

only a loan with barclays a long while back

Site Owner

Mentions
    145 Post(s)

just sent
    I haven't got it yet, did you send it to me?

I like your pin shot

Then the shutter falls
    You see it all in 3-D

'Peg'

Donald Jay Fagen

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

Yes, will send again

Site Owner

Mentions
    145 Post(s)

I've got them but I can't open the files, they're DAT files. Can you send be them as photos (JPEGS) ?

I like your pin shot

Then the shutter falls
    You see it all in 3-D

'Peg'

Donald Jay Fagen

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast