• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Re: Do Premier Park Ltd have right to fine for parking on private land? - won

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Do Premier Park Ltd have right to fine for parking on private land? - won

i parked on the carpark behind morrisons in wotton bassett, there were hardly any cars present, the parking has always been free for 45min. There is a sign which now says 30min free in large letters, underneath smaller letters saying get free ticket from machine, not very clear. few days later received letter from premier with photographic evidence stating had prked overtime and demanding £100 or £60 if payed within 14 days. i had parked for 11min. i apealed on their website and will get a reply in 14days. however, in the swindon advertizer people are refusing to pay as machine would not issue free tickets. now, i walked and sat on wall of carpark watching people enter and all 4 parked and walked away, i called them back, advised them they needed a ticket but none could get one from machine. This is the weird bit, when the next person arr i asked them to wait a moment, i waved my penalty notice at the cameras, when the person used machine was immediatly issued a ticket. i have explained this to premier and informed them i will not pay them any money, will ignore any correspondence from them and will go to court if they wish. I dont know if ive done right but i hadnt found this forum. Any advise please THOMAS S
    Tags: None

Re: Do Premier Park Ltd have right to fine for parking on private land?

Have they rejected your appeal and issued a popla code ?

M1

Comment

Hi MYSTERY 1, thanks for replying, no they havent yet rejected appeal but strongly suspect they will, THOMAS S

Comment

Ok, well the next stage is popla but nothing to do until the rejection and code arrive.

M1

Comment

Thanks a lot for taking the time to help me, will let you know how i get on when they reply, THOMAS S

Comment

hi, apeal was dismissed and have been issued a popla code, have also been told if i ngo to popla and loose will have to pay £100 or i will be pursued through their debt recovery agents and could eventually be taken to court. one thing i dont quite get, my charge notice says parking session expired or unpaid, there was no parking charge, surly it should say along lines of not displaying valid ticket, THOMAS S

Comment

The charge will rise but is only payable if you lose and even then, ignoring is an option as they don't go to court all that often http://www.bmpa.eu/companydata/Premier_Park.html

If you wish to do popla post up the pcn, signs etc if you have them (sanitised).

M1

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	S6300002.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	36.7 KB
ID:	1171912Click image for larger version

Name:	S6300002.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	36.7 KB
ID:	1171912

Comment

Edit to suit.

ThomasSpopla.rtf

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co...a-process.html

M1

Comment

Hi Mystery 1, am reading your summary with great interest and edditing as per your advice, a lot concerns my position, i am really gratefull for all your help and no matter the outcome, local charities will benefit. Ill let you know how i get on, once again i cant thank you enough for your help THOMAS S

Comment

Hi mystery 1, i edited your thread per your advice stating quite a few comments on my appeal. They only looked as far as paring grace period and misleading signage. they found in my favour and cancelled the pcn. They said that they did not need to consider my other points as the first 2 points were enough. I went up to the carpark on returnig from spain and they have changed the signs again. thanks very much for all you excellent help and advice, as promised, the local charities are benifiting as this was not about money, regards TOM SPENCER

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X