• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

should I use section 82 statutory nuisance on landlord

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• should I use section 82 statutory nuisance on landlord

Hello ,

My situation is complicated and I have been through all the complaints process with my landlord ( Genesis Housing ) taking it to the housing ombudsman , my local environmental health , received help from local councillors and my own advocacy help ( ocd action )

Its regarding a problem neighbour who is under the equalities act for mental health reasons and has done damage to his property which is affecting me. I suffer from my own mental health problems which is severe OCD being diagnosed with same and also under the equalities act etc.

He has broken some windows of his flat that is directly above me and are really dangerous. The environmental heath have been out in January and have asked Genesis to repair them and have advised me of this in writing. Meanwhile the housing ombudsman has given her final recommendations two months ago that Genesis should repair these windows .

There are other serious asb issues that the ombudsman has made recommendation on and I am following her advice assisted by my advocacy helping me.

My question is specifically relating to these broken windows and I would like to know - The environmental health gave me advice on making my own application under the statutory nuisance law as its a housing association in their area etc and say I have to make my own application etc. The association are saying they cant gain access to repair. . They have been saying this for 8 months now.

Would an application by me,under section 82 of the environmental act for nuisance, providing the written recommendations by the housing ombudsman and also providing the works order by my environmental health dept, to the court and make my complaint AGAINST THE LANDLORD be of help to me. I say this because the tenant really has severe mental health problems , he barricades himself in his flat and does not answer the door etc but my landlord refuses to do anything , just letting him live like this .

Thanks in advance for any advice given.

David
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X