• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Please Help - Debt Sold on With CCJ - Court Changed Records?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Please Help - Debt Sold on With CCJ - Court Changed Records?

Please do butt in - need all the help I can get.

To clarify: CCJ issued by LTSB in 2011 as seen. I got a varying order straight away to pay £25/month as I was on low income [still am]. There was no interest stipulated on the judgment - only up to the date of judgment. LTSB sold the debt to Asset Link on 29.6.16 balance approx £4.8K. CCJ changed on 11th August to show Asset Link as the claimant. No judgment notice received from Asset Link - just the notice of assignment in early July.

Thanks.

Comment

I'm getting all confused in this...I am not sure we are on the same page....i have just kept my standing order to Lloyds...as advised by Amethyst....like midastouch 69 I called NCC they say the same its now Asset...and they can't advise..my CCJ ends oct of my CRA FILE...but of course paying £1 a month for 6yrs
      this debt will never be cleared...I have not had anything from NCC....nor any further communication from Asset...
      i understand Asset would have to take me to court again....but not sure if they can as I not missed one payment....so it looks like it's all in limbo

- - - Updated - - -

Court did tell me they can change records as I did not go to court I answered the claim by post its all waffle

Comment

I'm a bit confused here, is this the original judgment you got from the court from the original CCJ? If it is I don't know where LTSB come into this or why you have been paying them?

As Amethyst has said, if the CCJ was assigned (never seen it happen before but hey ho I guess in theory it could be possible) from LTSB to Asset then they would need to vary the original order and provide proof that they own the debt.

I'd be inclined to continue paying LTSB and contact Asset to identify what right they have considering the original judgment was made between LTSB and yourself. If they have bought the debt then they need to have the ordered varied as you have been ordered to pay LTSB not Asset.
        If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
        - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
        LEGAL DISCLAIMER
        Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

I am speaking for myself here...my judgement was between Lloyds and myself October 2010.CCJ. £1pm .. Never
          heard of Asset,....
          i don't know how asset have taken over the court order...
          i am still paying my standing order to Lloyds each month I have never changed it as advised on here.. By the wonderful Amethyst ...
          got a letter to say pay asset ... From asset....
          do I need to do anything? Or just leave my standing order for £1

Comment

Originally posted by R0b View Post
            I'm a bit confused here, is this the original judgment you got from the court from the original CCJ? If it is I don't know where LTSB come into this or why you have been paying them?

As Amethyst has said, if the CCJ was assigned (never seen it happen before but hey ho I guess in theory it could be possible) from LTSB to Asset then they would need to vary the original order and provide proof that they own the debt.

I'd be inclined to continue paying LTSB and contact Asset to identify what right they have considering the original judgment was made between LTSB and yourself. If they have bought the debt then they need to have the ordered varied as you have been ordered to pay LTSB not Asset.
            Read my first post as it explains in detail what's happened. The original judgment was with LTSB. Asset Link only came onto the scene on June 29th of this year. Everything has been assigned to Asset Link including the CCJ. Northampton Court has changed the claimant on the CCJ to show Asset Link being the original claimant and I sent a formal complaint to the court. You can see their response in an earlier post regarding this - post #9

Comment

Originally posted by midastouch69 View Post
              Read my first post as it explains in detail what's happened. The original judgment was with LTSB. Asset Link only came onto the scene on June 29th of this year. Everything has been assigned to Asset Link including the CCJ.
              Yes but where has the Judgment come from that was posted by Kati? the PDF? If that came from the court after you contacted them to query this, then they should not be changed the names of the judgment creditors willy nilly. It is up to LTSB and/or Asset to make an application to vary the Order. That PDF judgment is false and incorrect.
              If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
              - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
              LEGAL DISCLAIMER
              Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Yes but where has the Judgment come from that was posted by Kati? the PDF? If that came from the court after you contacted them to query this, then they should not be changed the names of the judgment creditors willy nilly. It is up to LTSB and/or Asset to make an application to vary the Order. That PDF judgment is false and incorrect.
                Northampton Court sent me that by email three days ago. I then sent an email by return as a formal complaint as I felt CPR hadn't been adhered to. Their response is on post #9.

Comment

I would be minded to put in an official complaint to the court staff. I do not believe that they have the powers or authority to alter any CCJ without an order of a Judge. If they have updated that CCJ and no Order has been granted by the Judge to vary the original CCJ then they are tampering with the original CCJ. I would be requesting a copy of the Order granted by the judge which they should have on file which has varied the original Order. Not sure if it's a criminal offence to do so, but I'd probably like to think it is or at least a gross misconduct.
                  LEGAL DISCLAIMER

Comment

I would be minded to put in an official complaint to the court staff. I do not believe that they have the powers or authority to alter any CCJ without an order of a Judge. If they have updated that CCJ and no Order has been granted by the Judge to vary the original CCJ then they are tampering with the original CCJ. I would be requesting a copy of the Order granted by the judge which they should have on file which has varied the original Order. Not sure if it's a criminal offence to do so, but I'd probably like to think it is or at least a gross misconduct.
                    Rob - did you read the court's reply to my complaint. It looks as if a judge has given a bulk order - if such a thing was possible:

...The Judges Order which granted the amendment, included the following direction to the claimant (applicant):

The Applicant be responsible for carriage of this order to the defendants of the various claims noted in the schedule...

It's all very confusing.

Comment

Yes I did read it, but thats not the order to vary. That's a judgment in default saying it was Asset in 2011 but its not it was LTSB.

http://s966.photobucket.com/user/B19...Order.jpg.html

The link above is what you would normally receive so if they are saying the judge granted an order that Order should be on their system and you are entitled to have a copy of that.
                      LEGAL DISCLAIMER

Comment

I'll contact them on Tuesday and will ask for a copy.

Thanks.

Comment

Then what do you do if they give you a copy?

Comment

I'll report back here with the content.

Comment

I have received a response to my request to the court for the order and attach it to this post.

I have not received this order from the new claimant as directed by the judge.

Thoughts?
                              Attached Files

Comment

Should you not have recd something from the court first ...I am confused mine will be the same....
                                hope somebody responds and helps us

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X