• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Threatened at my home twice by Excel AFTER paying fines.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Threatened at my home twice by Excel AFTER paying fines.

Hi there,

I am looking for help on a matter that's been going on for quite some time - any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

I started a new job around a year and a half ago which doesn't have any permitted parking - I parked almost daily across the road outside a set of houses, there was nothing posted on the road and no sign posts at all regarding the parking.

I started getting parking tickets saying it was residence parking only even though there are no signs on the road at all. I was told by other people that park there to ignore the tickets which I did. A few months later I got a letter through the door saying that Bailiffs would come to my house if I didn't pay the fines. I called them and they said the tickets including all the additional charges amounted to around £2000. They said if I didn't sort a payment plan out this day then the bailiffs would be at my house the next day. I panicked and had to pay £500 pound that day and then had to est up a payment plan to pay £300 a month by direct debit.

I paid the £500 that day and set up the direct debit over the phone - they confirmed the matter was resolved and no one would be paying a visit to my home. A month later my dad called me in work saying bailiffs were at the door due to parking tickets. I called excel and said I had already put a payment plan in place and had made two payments the rude lady on the phone said I hadnt maade any payments - I asked if I could send in a copy of my bank statement and she said no there's nothing they can do now.

I call excel again five minutes later and spoke to a guy who said I had made the payments and the bailiffs were sent in mistake. I asked if they even have proof I was parked where they claim I was and he said they had pictures which he said he would email to me along with the receipts of the payments I had already made - I am still to receive this email almost a year later.

My monthly payments continued as normal and I finished my payments a few months ago - safe to say I have made sure I have;nt had any parking tickets since!

I moved house around a month ago into my own flat. This week I was about to leave for work and noticed there was a large van blocking my car into its spaced. I asked the driver to move and he said he was a bailiff and that he was there on different business but searched my car reg into his system and it said i was outstanding money on parking tickets. I asked him the date and where I was parked and he said he couldn't tell me this as their systems were down. I went to get in my car and told him I was going to work, he said that I wasn't going anywhere because he was about to clamp my car unless I pay the outstanding money.

I told him I had already paid all the parking tickets I had by direct debit months ago with excel. He confirmed he was from excel and said my car was still flashing on their systems as outstanding money. He said he would let me go for now but would have to call me on that day to update me with the situation. I left my mobile number and asked if he could make sure he calls me back which he advised he would.

I've had no call since (I'm guessing because he's noticed I don't owe any money)

This is the second time I've had the company at my home threatening me for payments I have already made.

Please could someone help on how I could take this further ? I am constantly worried and checking my car every day thinking someone is going to come along and clamp it for no reason.

If anyone could help this would be greatly appreciated!
    Tags: None

Re: Threatened at my home twice by Excel AFTER paying fines.

Just to add - I was late for work this day because I was standing for so long debating with this man outside my home.

Comment

Re: Threatened at my home twice by Excel AFTER paying fines.

Are these tickets from the council or a PPC?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X