• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell Count Court Claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lowell Count Court Claim

OK,

I have put all the information into an email with the relevant claim number and dates. Do you want a copy to look at? What about EX160?

Comment

Great well done. My email is admin@legalbeagles.info

The EX160 was to go with the N244 application - which you aren't sending. There's no fee for a defence. So you don't need to worry about that.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi,

Just re-read and ensured the claim number matches throughout.

Comment

Perfect. Looks good.

Once that's in, maybe give yourself a break tonight and do this in the morning, you need to send an actual CCA request and CPR part 31.14 request for copies of the documents to hopefully overule the bonkers GOODF letters if this goes into the court room xxx

CCA Request - Needs sending to LOWELL with a £1 postal order.

Sign it with your proper name xx

Your name
          Your address
          Your address
          Your Postcode

DATE

Creditor Name
          Creditor Address
          Creditor Address
          Creditor Postcode

Dear Sir/Madam

Re:− Vanquis Credit Card - Referenced in County Court Claim XXXXXX

With reference to the above agreement, I would be grateful if you would send me a copy of this credit agreement.

I understand that under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (Sections 77−79), I am entitled to receive a legible copy of our credit agreement on request. I enclose a payment of £1.00 which represents the fee payable under the Consumer Credit Act.

I understand a copy of the credit agreement should be supplied within 12 working days.

Ilook forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully

Sign it !

NAME
          I'll do CPR letter after I know you're okay with this one.
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Thanks Amethyst,

Just sent it off. Got a busy first part of the morning because hubby gets paid so I take him to work, use the car to do the shopping (Asda opens nice and early so not crowded!!)

I will try and be as quick as I can get back on-line to you. Will have just a few hours then I am out from 3.30 until about 5.30 as I have to go pick hubby up and enjoy the 20mph limits all over the place which makes Friday traffic in Bristol big fun.... NOT! Previous mayor with his red trousers has a lot to answer for.

Have a good evening!

Comment

That's okay, you've got the important bit out of the way so at least you shouldn't get a default judgment filed against you now. If we get those two letters off tomorrow lunchtime you should be back on track and able to relax for a month or so before you have to do anything else with regards the court
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

OK,<br><br>I have done the letter. I just need to get the postal order sorted when I go out. Been a while since I did a postal order... Do I make it out to Lowlife?<br><br>

Comment

Yes I'd just put Lowell and they can fill in the rest.

Well done

Next letter is the CPR 31.14 request - you have done the bones of it, just not called it that so if you send this one, it should over write what you did before. This should go to Lowell Solicitors at the address on the claim form

Your name
                  Your address
                  Your postcode

Date

Claimants name
                  Claimants address
                  Claimants postcode

Dear Sirs,

Claim Number: XXXXXX

Request for documents mentioned in a statement of case under CPR 31.14

On xx/xx/xxxx I received a County Court claim from yourselves of which I have acknowledged receipt indicating my intention to defend in full.

To enable me to assess your claim, I require inspection of those documents you mention in your statement of case;

1. Agreement
                  2. Default Notice
                  3. Notice of Assignment

I look forward to hearing from you shortly.

Yours sincerely

Your Name
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

Hi, what do I put for?

1. Agreement
                    2. Default Notice
                    3. Notice of Assignment

or is this just meant to be in standard text?

Comment

Oh sorry yes, that's meant to just be normal text - that's me copy pasting without checking ... doh!
                      #staysafestayhome

Comment

OK, no problem. I used to do a lot of cut and paste myself as well as trying to translate my MD's writing especially when he didn't know how to spell and used no punctuation whatsoever... His son who worked with us looked at one of his emails to a client one day with a very worried expression, and when he asked if he had sent the email and his dad said 'yes,'. He said, 'Oh dad, you're such a spacka!'... The entire office cracked up.

OK. so back to the letters. Do I send them both signed for?

Comment

Haha sound fun

Yes if u can afford signed for then that's a good idea as they can't pretend not to have received them xx
                          #staysafestayhome

Comment

Thanks

I will go do that now. Got the car so will do my last bits of shopping too.

I'm guessing we have now put the ball in their court again and if nothing materialises in 12 days we get more letters out.

Comment

Next step is pretty much wait;

The court will send you a letter saying 'this is now a defended claim'

The claimant then has to reply to the court and tell them if they wish to continue

If they do you will then received a 'Directions Questionnaire' which you complete and return ( will give you a hand don't worry)

Then you'll have a mediation appointment ( which likely won't go ahead as you don't have any documents from the claimant yet)

Then you get a court date notice from the Court ....

then we see what occurs and go with the flow basically.... any time throughout that the other side might drop out or send you full documents - just keep us in the loop anytime you hear anything from anyone, and we'll try help you stay on track and look at options at each point.

Enjoy your shopping, I'm just off out myself to buy some shampoo as I just had to wash my hair with men's shower gel ! lol.
                              #staysafestayhome

Comment

Hi, all posted off but this is how thick I can be. We go on holiday on 3rd of September a d don't get back until 17th. I'm so stupid, this is going to cock things right up isn't it.
                                I'm so sorry. My husband had to remove d me it was a bank holiday as well. What should I do?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X