• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

New used car old engine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New used car old engine

Hi 7 weeks ago I bought from a dealer a used 5 year old car. It had 80k on advert but 86k when I picked it up. I assumed it was my mistake. After having it for 30 days the car broke down 2 injectors gone while in Ireland still only done a 1000 miles by this point. Car was towed and repaired and garage notice that injectors and engine looked too old for year of car. On return home booked into local garage to be told that the engine and gearbox had been replaced by scrapyard items. The car was £10K and I've paid out £1200 on repairs. What are my options? Many thanks john
    Tags: None

Re: New used car old engine

Hi there,
    Is the engine & the chassis number matching the "log book" ...........................written complaint to the dealer, things have to last a reasonable length of time, did you pay by card ?

Comment

Originally posted by Fred View Post
      Hi there,
      Is the engine & the chassis number matching the "log book" ...........................written complaint to the dealer, things have to last a reasonable length of time, did you pay by card ?
      Thanks. Not sure, didn't think to look. Too dark now but will check and feedback. John

Comment

Faults that are discovered in the first six months after purchase are deemed to have been present at purchase.

Write (signed for) to dealer rejecting the vehicle under rights bestowed by Consumer Rights Act 2015 and requesting refund.
        If you have had use of the vehicle for more than thirty days, a deduction can be made for wear and tear.
        However, in view of what has been described in post 1, and depending on the result of checking engine and chassis numbers, you may well be able to negotiate a full refund at least!
        You appear to be on the cusp of 30 days!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X