• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

License revoked on medical grounds 35 week wait for decision

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• License revoked on medical grounds 35 week wait for decision

My driving license was revoked in May on "medical grounds" (a suspected mental medical condition submitted by a third party to the DVLA). I filled in the re-application form and sent back the relevant medical forms to the DVLA. My doctor has also filled in a medical questionnaire and sent it back to the DVLA Drivers Medical Group. Due to some errors from the Medical Group on missing sections of forms and delays, I was told that my case is "high priority". Now I've been told that my case has been "escalated" to a different medical team and I have to wait 35 weeks (9 months) for a decision.

I do not have a mental condition that affects my driving but I was hit by a car 12 years ago and suffered a sub arachnoid haemmorrhage (bleeding on the brain) as a result. However, I learnt how to drive and passed my driving test 10 years after the accident happened. I have already sent a complaint to the Complaints Department of the DVLA, is there any legal advice please on appealing the DVLA's decision?
    Tags: None

Re: License revoked on medical grounds 35 week wait for decision

Hi Helen5 & welcome to LB.

I believe that you can appeal via the Magistrate's court within 6 months of DVLA's decision to revoke.

Have you spoken to CAB?
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Re: License revoked on medical grounds 35 week wait for decision

Hi charitynjw and thank you for your reply,

I contacted CAB last week and they advised me to go through the DVLA complaints procedure: To send a a letter of complaint to the DVLA Complaints Team, then the DVLA CEO, then an Independent Advisor and then the Ombudsman. I wrote and sent a 5 page letter of complaint to the Complaints team on Monday. If I don't hear back from them or I don't receive a satisfactory reply back, I will contact the CEO.

As for the Magistrates Court, I am looking for a solicitor to help me. The Drivers Medical Group had told me in May that once they had all of the medical forms they needed, they would make a decision on my license.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X