• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Bw/ lowel no cca

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bw/ lowel no cca

Hi. Please could I get some advice. I sent cca request to bw legal/ lowel at the beginning of June. They have just replied today with a copy of the alleged letter of default. And a copy of a letter that clearly states no credit agreements found. They are asking me to now set up a payment plan for the 1900.00 they are saying I owe them. Should I send them another letter saying about the no cca? I don't really know what to do next ! Aarrgghh! Thanks.
    Tags: None

Re: Bw/ lowel no cca

What is the position with the debt? Any court claim in progress or did you send the CCA request following standard chasing letters?

Do you know when last payment/acknowledgement was?

What kind of debt is it ? credit card? loan ? catalogue? bank account? phone contract ?

Personally, dependent on above questions, I would respond and say that you'll happily discuss the alleged account with them once they have complied with their obligations under the Consumer Credit Act, but that until then the account is unenforceable and you do not acknowledge any debt owed to them or the original creditor.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi. Thanks for replying. I requested the cca as bw legal sent me a letter of claim. It was originally a very account. The debt has n't been acknowledged for 3 years. I tried paying it off years ago but they just increased the interest charges all the time. Thanks.

Comment

I know what that is like ! They just make it so difficult to get back on track you give up. If they weren't such arses they'd probably get double the amount back without having to sell it on to DCA's for 10%.

Okay so you have only had a letter before action as opposed to an actual claim from the county court ? ( people say 'letter of claim' for different things so it's best to double check)
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

They are idiots aren't they. The letter I received said letter of claim and I had to reply by a certain day or they would take legal action. That's when I requested the cca. I'd already done the cca request thing over 3 years ago so I knew there was no credit agreement as I have the letters from back then saying this. I panicked a bit when I received the letter of claim thing. I asked them time and time again to freeze interest and they wouldn't the original debt was probably for about 400.00 ! And it's now up to 1900.00 ! Absolutely ridiculous.

Comment

Hi. Just a quick update. I sent the letter sating no cca so not enforceable. Bw legal has sent a letter today saying they've put it on hold while they get the documents I've asked for. It already says no cca so how can they suddenly get one if that's what they gona try and do. Thanks.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X