• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

** WON ** car dealer giving me the runaround - 30 day right to reject

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: car dealer giving me the runaround - 30 day right to reject - please help!

social media info

- - - Updated - - -

lvh logicsics classified as dormant, his mum is listed as the director ( and whos lovely enough to leave fake reviews on his Prestige Cars Fb page )
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by mzbl00 View Post
      thank you!!! i am attaching the invoice/receipt and also what he wrote on it
      Why would he try and pretend a sale was "trade", when it most obviously wasn't.
      Is he going to try and claim this was not dealer to consumer?
      Plonker!

Comment

Prestige Cars Ltd would seem to be a leicestershire based firm
        Suntrap Ltd are a Glaswegian beauty parlour
        I wonder if they know who their owner is? or does he have fingers in many pies???

Comment

Invoice says Prestige Cars as the main logo and then underneath LVH logistics. then has the address where i saw the car, no company number.

I paid the owner ( mr Holden ) straight into his bank account.
          As des8 suggested, based on the above I would direct the claim towards Mr (first name) Holden T/A Prestige cars.

There is no Ltd with LVH and no company number for either Prestige or LVH plus you paid Holden directly into his bank account.

Comment

here is the link for LVH logistics LTD

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/08765069

The guy has run around 11 companies, all registered within a couple of addresses and some with middle name and some without which makes him difficult to track.

however, the company above does seem to be dormant, so i do think i will be chasing him t/a as i have his business card here with his name and address.

Originally posted by CharlieP View Post
            As des8 suggested, based on the above I would direct the claim towards Mr (first name) Holden T/A Prestige cars.

There is no Ltd with LVH and no company number for either Prestige or LVH plus you paid Holden directly into his bank account.
            - - - Updated - - -

also tomorrow marks day 14 of getting no refund. a little birdie told me hes back from his ' holiday ' next week. so should i wait or should i just start now

Also, chances of getting my money back? how would you guys rate?

Comment

as for the tanning salon... same pattern of opening and closing companies here too.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/c...28270/officers
              https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/c...61881/officers
              https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/c...65038/officers

Comment

here is the link for LVH logistics LTD

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/08765069

The guy has run around 11 companies, all registered within a couple of addresses and some with middle name and some without which makes him difficult to track.

however, the company above does seem to be dormant, so i do think i will be chasing him t/a as i have his business card here with his name and address.

- - - Updated - - -

also tomorrow marks day 14 of getting no refund. a little birdie told me hes back from his ' holiday ' next week. so should i wait or should i just start now

Also, chances of getting my money back? how would you guys rate?
                I'd wait till next Tuesday/Wednesday before initiating court, to get Bank Holiday out of the way.
                Enjoy the Bank Holiday, but take the time to draft your Particulars of Claim and if you want post them up here first

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
                  I'd wait till next Tuesday/Wednesday before initiating court, to get Bank Holiday out of the way.
                  Enjoy the Bank Holiday, but take the time to draft your Particulars of Claim and if you want post them up here first

I just have one question

I am REALLY struggling without a car, i live in a very remote area with no public transport, ive not been able to get to work for over a week now - and my work are getting pretty angry. I also have a bad back which makes it hard to drive manuals or get in low cars.

If i somehow find the money to get this fixed, can i still take to court for a refund?

Comment

You can still sue for the extra costs (damages) incurred
                    CRA 2015:sec 19(11)(a) below:
                    (9)
                    This Chapter does not prevent the consumer seeking other remedies—

(a)
                    for a breach of a term that this Chapter requires to be treated as included in the contract,

(b)
                    on the grounds that, under section 15 or 16, goods do not conform to the contract, or

(c)
                    for a breach of a requirement stated in the contract.

(10)
                    Those other remedies may be ones—

(a)
                    in addition to a remedy referred to in subsections (3) to (6) (but not so as to recover twice for the same loss), or

(b)
                    instead of such a remedy, or

(c)
                    where no such remedy is provided for.

(11)
                    Those other remedies include any of the following that is open to the consumer in the circumstances—

(a)
                    claiming damages;

(b)
                    seeking specific performance;

(c)
                    seeking an order for specific implement;

(d)
                    relying on the breach against a claim by the trader for the price;

(e)
                    for breach of an express term, exercising a right to treat the contract as at an end.

Comment

Curious as to any further developments on this?

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Haddock View Post
                        Curious as to any further developments on this?
                        Yeah the dealer has now reappeared from ' holiday ' and is still refuting, so am organising an assessors report - his solicitors have asked for it in advance?

Should i give this report to his solicitors before filing?

Comment

You don't need an "independent" assessors report. (can you post up the solicitor's letter?)
                          From your first post it is clear you had repairs carried out, and then following the breakdown it was obvious there was a major fault.
                          Assuming you can get confirmation of this from the examining garage, and the dealer has been informed of all these problems you don't need to spend any money.
                          Faults appearing in the first six months following purchase are deemed to have been present when the car was purchased, and it is for the dealer to PROVE otherwise.

You are being given the runaround by the dealer and his solicitor.

IMO your response should be
                          "Please refer to Consumer Rights Act 2015.
                          I am initiating court action"

Post up your Particulars of claim and we'll help steer you through the court case.

Comment

if its within the first 30 days and a refund is asked for according to consumer rights act I need to PROVE the fault was there when purchased, not the dealer. If it was 30 days - 6 months then it is up to the dealer to prove.

This info is from citizens advice and also from legal helpline

Comment

Citizens Advice are wrong!!! (again)

Consumer Rights Act 2015
                              Part 1 Chapter 2 Section 19 (14)
                              "For the purposes of subsections (3)(b) and (c) and (4), goods which do not conform to the contract at any time within the period of six months beginning with the day on which the goods were delivered to the consumer must be taken not to have conformed to it on that day."

From Which:
                              During the first six months after purchase it's the responsibility of the seller to prove the fault wasn't there, not for you to prove that it was.

FromAutotrader:
                              The law assumes that the fault was there at the time of delivery, unless the seller can prove it wasn’t.

From AA:
                              It is assumed in law that the fault was present at the time of purchase unless the seller can prove otherwise.

Comment

have you looked under refund within first 30 days? its different i promise!!!

look up the short term right to reject:

The position under the CRA:
                                • Consumers will have a new, initial fixed period of 30 days from delivery within which to reject faulty goods and claim a full refund.
                                • The burden of proof will be on the consumer to prove that the goods are faulty.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X