• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Erudio Debt Collection for Student loans

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Erudio Debt Collection for Student loans

I took out Student loans in the 90's and Im sure most will know the debt has been transferred to this company.

In the past it has been a simple case of deferral every year, on the grounds I do not meet the threshold for repayment.

In 2014 I received a deferment application with another document trying to get me to agree to the changes in terms and conditions of my loan. Consumer advice advised me not to complete this but to jsut complete a standard deferment application, which I did.

I did not hear anything else from this company until a month ago when I got a letter telling me I had broken terms and had to send in a deferment application ASAP.

I e mailed them and explained I had deferred in 2014 and this was the first I am hearing. They told me that as I didnt sign their agreement in 2014, that was rejected and I owed 2 years of fees.

I promptly mailed them a deferment application.

5 days ago I received a letter saying they had not heard from me, the debt was due immediately, all terms were gone and I could no longer defer.

I have e mailed since and just get a standard "tough luck, give us your money" answer. I have all the forms etc saved on my computer and could resend or reprint

I am alarmed by their behaviour and seem to be getting nowhere with them.

Every letter they have ever sent me has been responded to. Ive not done anything wrong

Any advice that anyone can give me as a way to move forward or a solution would be much appreciated.

I am not sure how important this information is, but I no longer live in the UK. I moved to the USA 15 years ago.

Thanks in advance
    Tags: None

Re: Erudio Debt Collection for Student loans

Hi Barry

I have been having exactly the same issues with Erudio. I have complained twice, they are doing anything to say we are in breach of our current agreement which means we lose all rights that we currently had with Student Loans Company.

They are now trying to make deferment difficult!My only option now is to take it further and complain to Obudsman, but apparently they have not been much help either.

Without support and back up its difficult to fight them, I also went to CAB who had decided after twenty minutes that 'Erudio' are acing lawfully! Its a joke.

Its would be interesting to find out how many people are having excatly the same issues.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X