• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Letter from Restons Re. Arrow Global...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Letter from Restons Re. Arrow Global...

Hi,

I have just received a letter from Restons Solicitors acting on behalf of Arrow Global Limited.

Original Creditor and Product Type: HFC Bank Limited - Loan.

It's a fairly standard letter mentioning how they've been referred my account for legal action and that means they are instructed to issue court proceedings against me...

Anyway, the letter is apparently to explain the position to me and suggest ways that legal action can be avoided, basically it's just me paying them in installments if I fill out their intrusive financial statement with an offer, or call them to discuss my account (again, with the details of the form...) and that their client may accept a short settlement of the balance if I phone them, again they'll require my financial information as they 'need to be sure that the payment will not put me into further financial difficulty' I'm assuming this option is basically a full and final payment?

I've had CCJ's before, and would prefer not to go down that route again as I'm in my last year or so of my previous one, I do have a couple of defaults on my credit score... one of which was with HFC and two others from a bank who were supposed to close the accounts (and didn't!) but all of my current credit has been handled very well for many years.

I'm truly not sure how to proceed at this point, I've seen other posts mentioning Restons as being very difficult to deal with, and how I should send something called a CCA to Arrow and CPR(?) to Restons?

I'm also concearned on the effect a short settlement would have on my credit score, and the fact that if I pay this one will the bank suddenly revive their defaults and come after me also?

Regards,
    'The Flash'
    Last edited by TheFlash; 17th August 2016, 13:38:PM.
    Tags: None

Re: Letter from Restons Re. Arrow Global...

Yeah, Redstons ain't easy to deal with sadly 😕. Probably a 8/10 for hardness.
    1) don't ring up unless you are going to record the phone call. They can claim you said someone else otherwise.
    2) offer to ask for all proof you require for defence if a CCJ does come your way.
    3) If they don't do this ignore them, they don't have the right paperwork for court.
    4) sorry but your credit won't get any better (might get worse now) until you pay it fully off. You can appeal it on your credit record though....
    5) Try using legal words when writing to them. They normally don't like it and back off, or go full front.

Comment

So, has anyone got any ideas about what I should do?

I've only got a couple of days left to reply to them and I'm not even sure what course of action I'm attempting right now!

Do I send the CCA and CPR? If I do need to how? (I don't even know if those are relevent in this case!)
      Should I just fill in their income/expendenture form and try to come to some kind of installment plan?

I'm seriously a fish out of water here, and all of this stuff seems like it's made to be confusing and awkward!

Comment

HI,
        RECORD THE PHONE CALLS BELOW FOR CCJ PROOF:
        Ring them up and ask them to provide you with the CCA and CPR. If they don't then it's your choice to decide how old the loan is, if it's SB and if you think they would have a copy of it. Restons will say you don't have the rights to one sometimes so ring the original people up and ask them directly and ask them to put it on hold till you recieve it and say your pay if you get it. Give you more time, if they say they don't have one (neither) then let the CCJ arrive and do an defence and submit the recordings saying they said they don't have it. You should win it. Let me know how you get on and I'll advise you further.

Comment

I would ask [MENTION=55034]nemesis45[/MENTION] [MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION] [MENTION=5553]charitynjw[/MENTION] what their thoughts are.

Comment

Hi Flash

How old is this alleged debt? (When was the last time you paid into the account, or acknowledged it in writing?)
            CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
            Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
            gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
            The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Hi, welcome to LB,

Yes CCA request to Arrow Global with £1 fee use a postal order marked " For Statutory Fee Only" use the template in the green box at the top of the main forum page and send by signed for post check delivery and signature.

If you make an F& F settlement it will remain on the credit file for 6 years from the original default date.

When was this account defaulted?

nem

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
                Hi Flash

How old is this alleged debt? (When was the last time you paid into the account, or acknowledged it in writing?)
                I couldn't say for sure when the last time it was acknowledged would be, but it has been a very long time. I do know from Noddle that the account started on 15/12/2009 and was defaulted on 31/12/2011.
                31/12/2011

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
                Hi, welcome to LB,

Yes CCA request to Arrow Global with £1 fee use a postal order marked " For Statutory Fee Only" use the template in the green box at the top of the main forum page and send by signed for post check delivery and signature.

If you make an F& F settlement it will remain on the credit file for 6 years from the original default date.

When was this account defaulted?

nem
                It defaulted on 31/12/2011. But It was started on 15/12/2009...

Comment

[QUOTE=TheFlash;670302]I couldn't say for sure when the last time it was acknowledged would be, but it has been a very long time. I do know from Noddle that the account started on 15/12/2009 and was defaulted on 31/12/2011.
                  31/12/2011

- - - Updated - - -
                  Not statute barred until 12/17 then.

nem

Comment

Indeed.

So, is it worth me dragging this on by doing the CCA or am I better off just giving up and coming to some kind of instalment plan/short settlement (depending on discount amount, possibily full settlement!)?

Comment

How much are they asking for?
                      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                      Phelps, C. C.

Comment

How much are they asking for?
                        About £1000 I think?

Comment

Hi Flash

HFC have a history of bad practice. (Unfair charges, missold PPI, etc)

If it were me, I'd gamble on Arrow/Restons having virtually nil to back up their threats.

I'd CCA them* as nem suggested, & for good measure, SAR HFC for data.

& when you've booted them into touch, reclaim PPI.

*You can send the CCA s77 request to HFC (see top of thread for details), & write to Restons to tell them that you are doing so.
                          Restons will be well aware that the alleged debt cannot be enforced until/unless the request is complied with.
                          Enclose £1 PO with the CCA request & get proof of posting for both. (No fee to Restons, though)
                          CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                          Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Hi Flash

HFC have a history of bad practice. (Unfair charges, missold PPI, etc)

If it were me, I'd gamble on Arrow/Restons having virtually nil to back up their threats.

I'd CCA them* as nem suggested, & for good measure, SAR HFC for data.

& when you've booted them into touch, reclaim PPI.

*You can send the CCA s77 request to HFC (see top of thread for details), & write to Restons to tell them that you are doing so.
                            Restons will be well aware that the alleged debt cannot be enforced until/unless the request is complied with.
                            Enclose £1 PO with the CCA request & get proof of posting for both. (No fee to Restons, though)
                            Okay, so I've sent off the previous bits and pieces but received a reply from Restons stating that they need me to sign the letter by hand to 'prove it's really me' seemed a bit strange, and I've heard they can use that to forge documents?

Comment

Use this
                              Attached Files
                              CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                              Phelps, C. C.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X