• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Contractual Parking Charge Notice from G24 Ltd. - won

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contractual Parking Charge Notice from G24 Ltd. - won

Hello,

I received some great advice some time ago regarding a separate matter but now I've another situation that I must ask for advice with. My mother received a Contractual Parking Charge Notice from G24 Ltd. and due to the advice I was given on site about a separate matter and also after briefly reading up on G24 Ltd. charges/fines earlier I believed I could ignore this. However, after speaking to a very helpful user privately, I was advised that the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 altered things and was advised to post here.

I'd appreciate some advice about this, my mother was particularly worried even though I was telling her to ignore it! I may have to go back on those words but wanted some more opinions before breaking that news to her.

Attached below is a redacted copy of the notice (apologies for page 2 being very large).

Tags: None

Re: Contractual Parking Charge Notice from G24 Ltd.

To clarify: incident date 05/08, PCN issued 11/08

Comment

Any pictures of the signs ?

M1

Comment

None, sorry. I'll be able to go back to the location and take some later this evening or tomorrow morning though. I'll do that.

Sorry for the delayed response, was looking for notifications in my email of your thread reply.

Comment

Hi M1, I've got hold of a photo of the sign at the relevant car park. Attached below.

Comment

http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...533#post636533

As an IPC member it's not quite as easy to win but worth a shot.

M1

Comment

Hi M
              I note the parking sign carries the logos of both IPC and BPA.
              Will that not cause them problems as both codes are implied terms of the contract?
              Could the keeper insist on a POPLA appeal?
              Just seems a bit odd and I wonder what the implications could be.

Comment

IAS won't give a toss, i reckon. Best hope is that they say they rely on PoFA for their prima facie case and we attack PoFA compliance.

M1

Comment

Thank you. I've referred to the link you provided, M, and have passed the information on to the driver. Am I correct with this: first, try to get the ticket cancelled through the retail establishment (she has got the receipt as evidence of purchase), failing that appeal using the passage provided as a template ("the driver was a genuine customer" (see attached receipts)) and if/when that is rejected follow the other link provided (IAS appeal) and/or return here for further advice?

I'm about to return to the shop with the driver to begin that first part, at least.

Comment

Pretty much, although complaining and appealing can be done pretty much together if the retailer "will get back to you" for example.

M1

Comment

Just finished in the shop and it's nearly all sorted. They said they usually cancel it when you go to the shop with the receipt and the manager said she will send off the details and we should hear back tomorrow. Sounds promising but I'll update you with further details, good or bad.

Thanks for all the help!

Comment

Hello again, I have more news - not good news, either. The manager didn't provide us with further information and earlier this week another letter, titled "FINAL NOTICE" was received from G24. I only just found out, but the driver had already contacted the shop again where they spoke to a different manager who scanned the new letter, called G24 and was told that the 14 minutes over the limit was too much and that the charge will be upheld.

Further advice would be greatly appreciated, the driver is very concerned about being taken to court and the follow up actions of delaying/ignoring.

Thank you.

Comment

Did you not appeal whilst waiting for them ?

M1

Comment

Agh, unfortunately no; an appeal wasn't made.

After leaving the shop on the date of my post before this update I forgot and left it with the driver and shop manager. I mentioned the appeal to her but didn't act upon it myself, which I am kicking myself about now. An amateur mistake, it was completely out of my mind until I overheard her phone conversation with the shop yesterday.

Is it too late for me to proceed with the appeal process (using this as a guide: http://legalbeagles.info/forums/showthread.php?79212-IPC-member-tickets-no-ticket-affixed-to-vehicle&p=636533#post636533)?

Comment

Appealed. Received a response and it's positive. Charge has been dropped.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X