• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cabot Capital One Bailiffs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cabot Capital One Bailiffs

I had PPI on my capital one credit card from 04-08. I got made redundant & had a close bereavement and Cap 1 /Axa didn't honour PPI payments.
    Fast forward 6 years later In 2014 received a letter from Cabot advising that debt was now £459. In 2015 applied for finance only to find CCJ applied by Cabot under my old address in 2015.
    Last year went to court to applied for set a side judgement and entered my defence, argued that despite requests no agreement of contract with cap 1 re PPI had been received and it was a statute barred debt.
    I have now received a notice from bailiff issued by the same county court with an additional £200 cost.
    What are my legal rights? I would have thought that once a CCJ has been registered for a certain amount £459 backdated to last year that they cannot add further charges and use a bailiff. To think that the original debt was £200 with Capital One. I'm also at a loss as to why Cabot was ruled in favour off? On top off CCJ I'm now being harassed by bailiffs is this correct? Can you still pursue a debt with varying amount after a CCJ has been registered?
    Tags: None

Re: Cabot Capital One Bailiffs

Good morning,

I'm sorry to say that yes they can add the bailiff's fees ( these are set down in law) The bailiff's /and cost of the warrant are on top of the CCJ cost and judgment amount.
    This sounds a little strange you entered a defence? Did Cabot produce any documents in court?
    Did you miss any essential part of the court process?
    Have you got a copy of the judgment order?

nem

Why do you believe the debt was statute barred? A debt must be SB on the date a claim is issued.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X