• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell, county court business centre

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lowell, county court business centre

Particulars of claim
    1) the defender entered into a consumer credit act 1974 regulated agreement with capital one under account reference ********* ('the agreement').

2) the defendant failed to maintain the required payments and a default notice was served and not complied with.

3) the agreement was later assigned to the claimant on the 25/09/14 and notice given to the defendant.

4) despite repeated requests for the payment, the sum of 1,758.48 remains due and outstanding.

And claimant claims
    A) the sum of 1,759.48
    B) interest pursuant to s69 county courts act 1984 at the rat of 8% per annum from the date of assignment to the date of issue, accruing at a daily rate of £0.386, but limited to one year, being £140.76
    C) costs

I've just copied that of the form hope that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
      Lol!
      Gone one o'clock in the morning & you get all technical & everything!

This should explain it - http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...122#post667122

- - - Updated - - -

Or you can email Kati

I can be emailed if you need my help loading pictures/documents to your thread. My email address is
      kati@legalbeagles.info
      But please include a link to your thread so I know who you are.
      Lol sorry for being a pain and thank you for the link.

Comment

CPR 31.14 request
        http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...ic-information

You can ask for:
        A copy of the agreement
        The Default Notice
        The Notice of Assignment

Send to the Claimant's solicitors at the address given on the court claim. (No fee payable on this one)
        Keep a copy, & get proof of posting. (SignedFor post is best)
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
        gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

To enable me to file my defence and/or counterclaim, I require inspection of documents you mention in your statement of case ahead of filing my defence on XX XXXX 20

what date do i put in here? The claim was issued on the 8th of august

Comment

Originally posted by Zee82 View Post
            To enable me to file my defence and/or counterclaim, I require inspection of documents you mention in your statement of case ahead of filing my defence.

what date do i put in here? The claim was issued on the 8th of august
            You could just leave it at that.
            CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
            Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
            gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
            The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
              You could just leave it at that.
              Thank you that makes it so much easier, i didnt want to make a mistake by putting the wrong date in.

Comment

Hi first of all I would like to thank you all for the replys, I was beginning to wonder if no one could see my post lol.

I will acknowledge service today and get the CCA letter sorted ASAP.

Capital one said the goods was delivered to my address and signed for, but when I asked them to provide me with the tracking/courier details they did not.

I had the capitalone account for 13 years and never had an issue previously always paid on time.

The solicitors are

Lowell solicitors limted
                Po box 1419
                Northampton
                NN2 1BU

Is there any other letters I can send?

Also what will happen if they don't reply back to the CCA, sorry for all the questions I'm just stressed out and struggling to work things out.

Thanks.
                If the CCA request is not complied with the debt is rendered unenforceable until the agreement or a compliant reconstituted copy is produced.

nem

Comment

Hi guys i need some help please im filling out the cca template and dont undersatnd it.

crediters name and address what do i put there?

also account number?

Comment

Hi guys i need some help please im filling out the cca template and dont undersatnd it.

crediters name and address what do i put there?

also account number?
                    The Claimants name and address they are now the creditor.

I usually state that the request is for a copy of the regulated agreement from which the alleged deb arises.

nem

Comment

Thanks Nem,

im struggling with this where shall i put the above you mentioned?

Can i fill it out and pm you it so you can check it over for me please?

Comment

I think i got the letter covered now thanks,

as regards to posting it, it states on the claim form a different address for sending documents or payments as lowell solictors limited and the claiment is lowell portfolio i ltd.

so which one do i send it too?

Comment

My name and address here

16 AUG 20016

LOWELL PORTFOLIO I LTD
                          ELLINGTON HOUSE
                          9 SAVANNAH WAY
                          LEEDS
                          LS10 1AB

Dear Sir/Madam

Re:− Account Number capital one 4775969782162****

Lowell ref ********

Please treat this letter as a formal request for you to supply a copy of my Consumer Credit Agreement as is my entitlement under sections 77-79 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

I require you to provide me with a true copy, or reconstituted copy of the credit agreement relating to any account you deem to be mine, together with any other documentation the Act requires you to provide. I expect you to comply fully and properly with this request, within the statutory time limit.

Your obligation also extends to providing me with a statement of account. I enclose a £1 postal order, which represents payment of the statutory fee payable under the Consumer Credit Act. I understand that a copy of my credit agreement should be supplied within 12 working days from the date of this letter.

If it is your view that you are not the creditor, s.175 of the CCA1974 applies in the case of a simple assignment, and places a duty upon you to pass this request to the creditor. In the case of an absolute assignment, you are a creditor as defined by s.189.

I understand that under the Consumer Credit Act, creditors are unable to enforce an agreement if they fail to comply with a request for a copy of the agreement under these sections of the Act.

Yours faithfully,

My name

Is the above ok?

Comment

My name and address here

16 AUG 20016

LOWELL PORTFOLIO I LTD
                            ELLINGTON HOUSE
                            9 SAVANNAH WAY
                            LEEDS
                            LS10 1AB

Dear Sir/Madam

Re:− Account Number capital one 4775969782162****

Lowell ref ********

Please treat this letter as a formal request for you to supply a copy of my Consumer Credit Agreement as is my entitlement under sections 77-79 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

I require you to provide me with a true copy, or reconstituted copy of the credit agreement relating to any account you deem to be mine, together with any other documentation the Act requires you to provide. I expect you to comply fully and properly with this request, within the statutory time limit.

Your obligation also extends to providing me with a statement of account. I enclose a £1 postal order, which represents payment of the statutory fee payable under the Consumer Credit Act. I understand that a copy of my credit agreement should be supplied within 12 working days from the date of this letter.

If it is your view that you are not the creditor, s.175 of the CCA1974 applies in the case of a simple assignment, and places a duty upon you to pass this request to the creditor. In the case of an absolute assignment, you are a creditor as defined by s.189.

I understand that under the Consumer Credit Act, creditors are unable to enforce an agreement if they fail to comply with a request for a copy of the agreement under these sections of the Act.

Yours faithfully,

My name

Is the above ok?
                            Fine!

The timescale is 12 + 2 working days (weekend and bank hols are not counted.

nem

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
                              Fine!

The timescale is 12 + 2 working days (weekend and bank hols are not counted.

nem
                              Thanks Nem,

My capital one account was opened in 2000 does that help me in anyway with account being that old?

Comment

Thanks Nem,

My capital one account was opened in 2000 does that help me in anyway with account being that old?
                                Agreements prior to April 2007 require a copy of the original agreement so if they attempt to produce a reconstituted one it's wide open to challenge.

nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X