• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

I need your help with rlp

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need your help with rlp

Hello it's my first time writing to a forum I apologize for any mistakes. I'm not British so my English are not so good... Two days before me and my friend went for shopping and we be done something terrible,I have regret 100% I'm not gonna do it again,I didn't know what was in my mind.We be put in ours bags one pair of ratings without paying it costs 5 pounts.We VE caught by the security we went to a private room they examine our bags and they asked us if we have stollen something else.Then we write down our names,Addresses,date of birth.we didn't sign any paper the haven't call the police.He gave us a copy of RLP and they told us that we will receive a letter in order to pay and when we receive it we have to call them in order to inform us how to pay. I would like to ask you a few things because I am really scared: I read so many things in the Internet about RLP... I can pay the amount no problem...Is it correct to do it? MY QUESTIONS ARE:WHEN PROPABLY I RECIEVE THE LETTER BECAUSE I AM LEAVING FOR TWO WEEKS AND NOBODY WILL BE AT HOME 2) HOW MANY DAYS I HAVE IN ORDER TO PAY? 3) WHEN I PAY THEM WHAT IS THE NEXT STEP? 4) I VE GOT A CRIMINAL RECORD? MY EMPLOER WIIL BE INFORMED AND I WILL LOOSE MY JOB? WHAT ABOUT MY FUTURE PROPOSED EMPLOYERS??? I AM VERY SCARRED I CAN'T SLEEP... I LEARN FROM MY MISTAKE IM NO GONNA TO DO IT AGAIN. ANY ADVICE WILL BE HELPFUL THANKS VERY MUCH
    Last edited by LORA; 12th August 2016, 14:06:PM.
    Tags: None

I need your help!!

Hello it's my first time writing to a forum I apologize for any mistakes. I'm not British so my English are not so good... Two days before me and my friend went for shopping and we be done something terrible,I have regret 100% I'm not gonna do it again,I didn't know what was in my mind.We be put in ours bags one pair of ratings without paying it costs 5 pounts.We VE caught by the security we went to a private room they examine our bags and they asked us if we have stollen something else.Then we write down our names,Addresses,date of birth.we didn't sign any paper the haven't call the police.He gave us a copy of RLP and they told us that we will receive a letter in order to pay and when we receive it we have to call them in order to inform us how to pay. I would like to ask you a few things because I am really scared: I read so many things in the Internet about RLP... I can pay the amount no problem...Is it correct to do it? MY QUESTIONS ARE:WHEN PROPABLY I RECIEVE THE LETTER BECAUSE I AM LEAVING FOR TWO WEEKS AND NOBODY WILL BE AT HOME 2) HOW MANY DAYS I HAVE IN ORDER TO PAY? 3) WHEN I PAY THEM WHAT IS THE NEXT STEP? 4) I VE GOT A CRIMINAL RECORD? MY EMPLOER WIIL BE INFORMED AND I WILL LOOSE MY JOB? WHAT ABOUT MY FUTURE PROPOSED EMPLOYERS??? I AM VERY SCARRED I CAN'T SLEEP... I LEARN FROM MY MISTAKE IM NO GONNA TO DO IT AGAIN. ANY ADVICE WILL BE HELPFUL THANKS VERY MUCH

Comment

Re: I need your help with rlp

Hi and welcome.

Please stop fretting over this matter.
      Whilst not condoning shoplifting, it is a very minor lapse.

You will receive a letter from RLP, probably in the next three weeks.
      They will ask you to pay something in the region of £140.
      IGNORE THEM.
      DO NOT RESPOND TO THEM
      They will threaten all sorts of consequences and send you a series of begging letters, but they have no authority to demand money.
      They cannot take you to court.
      You do not have a criminal record.
      Your employer will not be informed.
      You will not lose your job over this.
      Take you two weeks away and enjoy (holiday?)

In the uk we have criminal law (which is basically when the police are informed) and we have civil law where a judge decides if one person has wronged another.
      We then have RLP who fancy themselves as some form of vigilante law.
      They are to be despised and ignored

Comment

THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH..... YOU ARE SO HELPFUL...!!!! SO YOU ADVISE ME NOT TO PAY BUT CAN I ASK YOU? HOW THEY CAN NOT DEMAND THE MONEY? BECAUSE THEY HAVE PROPABLY EVIDENCE OF THE CCTV. AND IF I DON't PAY WHEN THE LETTERS WILL STOP? YEAH IM GOING FOR HOLIDAYS... AND I FELL SO IDIOT.... WITH THIS.... I CAN NOT CALM DOWN....

Comment

After your advice i'm trying to relax....!! One more question and sorry if i bother.... After i recieve the letter can i communicate again with you and maybe i try to sent you a copy of the letter....

AND SOMETHING ELSE I FORGOT TO MENTION THAT I LEAVE THE EARINGS ON THE TABLE AND I OFFER TO PAY AND THEY ANSWER ME THAT THEY DON'T HAVE TO DO WITH MONEY

Comment

I replied to your PM
            As I said there, relax and ignore RLP
            They lost nothing, the store lost nothing.
            There is no reason to give them anything!

By all means post up any letters you receive.... bet we've seen them before!

Comment

Forget RLP they are nothing but chancers the letters mean as much as me sending you or even DES a demand for money. Have your holiday and forget them nothing ATALLL to worry about

Comment

Originally posted by LORA View Post
                THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH..... YOU ARE SO HELPFUL...!!!! SO YOU ADVISE ME NOT TO PAY BUT CAN I ASK YOU? HOW THEY CAN NOT DEMAND THE MONEY? BECAUSE THEY HAVE PROPABLY EVIDENCE OF THE CCTV. AND IF I DON't PAY WHEN THE LETTERS WILL STOP? YEAH IM GOING FOR HOLIDAYS... AND I FELL SO IDIOT.... WITH THIS.... I CAN NOT CALM DOWN....
                Under the law, if there is no contract (no agreement), persons need to prove losses (called damages) to make claims (actions for losses), at the local County Court. It's very difficult for RLP to prove losses such as for security staff being away from their usual tasks, for CCTV (as they use the CCTV and security staff anyway - the staff are paid for that purpose), and other things although they threaten you they can claim money from you - but this is all they normally are, idle threats. They hope to scare you into giving them money and no doubt lots of people are scared because they don't know about law. It costs them money to take action (claim) against you furthermore. It is only a local Court claim, called civil - so it will not affect your employment or lead to a criminal record at all. It's just like you damage your neighbour's car and he takes you to court for the amount lost. You would not get a criminal record for accidentally damaging your neighbour's car. This is why it's called civil and not criminal. Hope this helps.

Comment

Re: I need your help!!

[MENTION=49370]Kati[/MENTION] could you move this over to the RLP forum?

Comment

Originally posted by Openlaw15 View Post
                    Under the law, if there is no contract (no agreement), persons need to prove losses (called damages) to make claims (actions for losses), at the local County Court. It's very difficult for RLP to prove losses such as for security staff being away from their usual tasks, for CCTV (as they use the CCTV and security staff anyway - the staff are paid for that purpose), and other things although they threaten you they can claim money from you - but this is all they normally are, idle threats. They hope to scare you into giving them money and no doubt lots of people are scared because they don't know about law. It costs them money to take action (claim) against you furthermore. It is only a local Court claim, called civil - so it will not affect your employment or lead to a criminal record at all. It's just like you damage your neighbour's car and he takes you to court for the amount lost. You would not get a criminal record for accidentally damaging your neighbour's car. This is why it's called civil and not criminal. Hope this helps.
                    [MENTION=77627]Openlaw15[/MENTION] i really need somones help? Do you think you can help me out, im so stressed and depressed in my situation, it is similar to others , i was cuaght stealing, i really need help on what to do if i recieve an rlp letter

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Debt Camel View Post
                    [MENTION=49370]Kati[/MENTION] could you move this over to the RLP forum?
                    C
                    Last edited by Johnathon678274; 2nd September 2016, 13:32:PM.

Comment

Thank you very much!! You help me so much! I was thinking if i suggested to pay them they will continue sending me letters? I would like stop sending me letters that's why i was thinking of that.

Comment

Of course you can pay them, and they will stop sending you letters.
                        If you want to send me your address I can write letters to you requesting you pay me £150.
                        I can continue to write to you if you don't pay immediately, and if you're really lucky I'll get my red pen out and write in CAPITAL letters.

Now I'm pretty sure you wouldn't pay me, so why would you pay RLP and help finance their pressurising vulnerable people?
                        Let them waste their money .... just keep ignoring.

Comment

Ok... I 'll try to ignore them...! You are right!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                          Working...
                          X