• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Benifits and bank chargers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Benifits and bank chargers

Originally posted by Lynn1965

Hiya all I'm new to this .I've just posted about bank chargers n I'm in urgent need of help . Thanks n have a good evenin x

I really need your help for the past 2yrs my bank has taken a hell of a lot of my ESA and my dla for bank chargers wen not enough money in my bank I got that fed up of it I got a new account wiv other bank. after bein wiv sky for 15months I cancelled my sky as they too were chargin me 3x more of my monthly bill so my carer called sky n cancelled that was 5months ago n sky have tryed takin monies frm my bank account at least once a wk now my new bank is takin my benefits for unpaid charges it's sky's fault the bank said n took £32 in one go for chargers out of my carers allowance which is only £60 plz help wot can I do many thanksx

When I got sky my monthly bill should of been no more then £30 a month went well for few months then my bill started going up some times £60 /£45 /£82 till I paid £102 then my carer called them up and queried my bill at first they said it was my home phone bill ran it up .well ******** to you I've never ever had a house phone ever plugged in then it was my offers had ran out and I'm paying full price which was also ******** as my offers available till dec which is only 7months away in the end I paid as was getting told they would cut me off I paid £102 n 2wks later I had to pay £109 I refused to pay n I cancelled my sky since then 3months ago sky continue to try and take money now the more they try n take it the more my banks charge me for unpaid debts wot can I do plz ppl thanksx
    Have you logged into your sky account. I think you need to get to the bottom of why the bill kept going up.
    At a guess I would say your career may have misinterpreted what was said, perhaps it was out of bundle charges .
    If that is the case ,are you on a capped broadband limit because I know that some providers charge heavily if you go over the monthly limit although £60 does seem a lot.

Have you you perhaps given a neighbour your wifi key or could someone have looked and noted it down ?

Dont know how tech savvy you are but it is not overly difficult to find out what equipment is using your wifi.

If im honest it is a little difficult to make out what the issue is. Is it bank charges, sky or both ?

I may be wrong but if your agreement with the bank allows them to make payments for returned direct debits etc it matters not that you are on benefits.

If if you changed banks how did sky get your new bank details or did you use one of these bank account switching schemes.

with respect as well, you talk about ESA DLA and carers allowance , they could add up to a reasonable sum each week , just how much are the banks taking ?
    Last edited by Amethyst; 11th August 2016, 08:49:AM.
    Tags: None

Re: Benifits and bank chargers

I am confused too as I was unaware you could claim CA while in receipt of ESA and DLA only Carers premium.

Comment

Originally posted by enaid View Post
      I am confused too as I was unaware you could claim CA while in receipt of ESA and DLA only Carers premium.
      I understood that only related to contributory ESA. Income related ESA tops up other income... or has it all changed again?

[MENTION=49370]Kati[/MENTION] can you merge Lynne1965 threads please pretty please?

Comment

Originally posted by enaid View Post
        "PART 3

CONDITIONS OF ENTITLEMENT – CONTRIBUTORY ALLOWANCE

Relaxation of the first contribution condition

8.—(1) A claimant who satisfies any of the conditions in paragraph (2) is to be taken to satisfy the first contribution condition if—
        (a) the claimant paid Class 1 or Class 2 contributions before the relevant benefit week in respect of any one tax year

(2) The conditions referred to in paragraph (1) are that the claimant—
        (a) was entitled to a carer’s allowance in the last complete tax year immediately preceding the relevant benefit year..."

Reg. 8, (1), (2)), ESA Regulations 2008.

Comment

When you cancelled your Sky subscription did you also instruct your bank(s) to cancel the direct debit mandates?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X