• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

OPOS Ltd

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OPOS Ltd

Hello I was hoping for some advice
    Long ago, in a galaxy far far away a man applied for a loan with minicredit. After receiving the loan he fell on hard times. losing two members of his family. Minicredit bombarded him with emails and letters but eventually stopped .

In 2015 a company called OPOS started phoning so the man wrote to them listing his phone numbers and saying that they should not call but only write , unfortunately he didn't send it by recorded delivery so can not prove they received it. There have been no letters from OPOS at all, and to his knowledge no emails

Several months ago he answered the phone to some wee scottish lass who wanted to check his identity- he refused and said he had written - to which the lass said they had replied

Today , the phone went again and it was another or the same lassie
    The man said he would not give details but that he had written to which the response was , we have replied. the man then suggested that they send the letter again to prove they had done so to which the lassie said she couldn't until security was done. An impasse

Anyway , not sure what to do
    When Minicredit folded i was not contacted in any way , by email or letter ( I haven't moved). I might have changed my email address but if emails are sent to the old one they bounce back, I know i have just tried. I don't want to start communicating with them unless I have to.
    I will be able to work out the exact date of the loan agreement from old bank statements ( I think). From reading different fora and posts I am guessing that they could just manufacture an assignment notice

They are not much of a pest as its been two calls in a year

Any advice, do I just keep quiet?

Thanks

I have just looked back in my emails and it was taken out from an email address i still use and I still have the agreement with a pin number for a digital signature. The date the loan was due to be paid back was 5th July 2012
    Tags: None

Re: OPOS Ltd

Quick update

I have found a saved email where I emailed opos , enclosing copies of two letters that i had previously sent both by email and by post
    I notice that the agreement is set up like a credit card where it says that they will notify me of my credit limit and that the account is open ended yet another one says that it is due 5th July , then in Dec 2012 i had a notice of change of credit limit , most odd.

Although I know that it is a modern loan I am hoping that they could not provide all the details

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X