• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Mutual Trust and Confidence

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mutual Trust and Confidence

There is no evidence of 'during work hours' as I didn't do this. The only job related correspondence I had was when I was on holiday.

- - - Updated - - -

I set up one interview for the week of my return, outside my working hours.

Comment

I set up one interview for the week of my return, outside my working hours.
      Just to be clear/pedantic; during non-working hours you arranged the interview and the interview was to take place outside your working hours. Yes?

Comment

Originally posted by mariefab View Post
        Just to be clear/pedantic; during non-working hours you arranged the interview and the interview was to take place outside your working hours. Yes?
        Correct

Comment

Then they have no evidence to back up their case.
          They seem to be under the illogical misapprehension that because of their purported 'keep your computer on' policy holidays are still working hours.
          It just doesn't work like that. You can't be both on holiday and working at the same time.

Was there a disciplinary hearing?
          Was it documented?
          If so, how the hell did they explain themselves?

Comment

Originally posted by mariefab View Post
            Then they have no evidence to back up their case.
            They seem to be under the illogical misapprehension that because of their purported 'keep your computer on' policy holidays are still working hours.
            It just doesn't work like that. You can't be both on holiday and working at the same time.

Was there a disciplinary hearing?Nope
            Was it documented? Nope
            If so, how the hell did they explain themselves? They haven't!
            See above in red

Comment

How long had you worked there?

Comment

Just over 2 years

Comment

So, what happened?
                  On your return to work did they just say, "You're sacked, leave now"?

Comment

Almost exactly that!

Comment

OMG!

Well, on the information above, as long as you can show when the correspondence with the recruiter took place, you can't lose this case.
                      Don't bother looking for caselaw, there won't be any.
                      Caselaw is only created at EAT level and higher courts. Employment Tribunal decisions don't create it and if any previous employer has ever tried such a ridiculous argument/defence before a Tribunal they would have been spanked.
                      Last edited by mariefab; 13th September 2016, 16:48:PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Great thanks for all your help.

They've literally just contacted ACAS to ask what I'd settle for. Obviously i'd like to settle rather than go to court, but I don't know what to pitch the amount at. My claim is c£22k which i can provide evidence to support.

Is there a rough % which is recommend to pitch at?

I appreciate everyone's help so far. It's a very stressful time!

Comment

As I said, you can't lose this.
                          Check your figures to make sure that haven't missed anything out and, if not, pitch it at c£22K.
                          Make it clear that you are not prepared to negotiate or settle for less.
                          It will save them a lot of money to pay you in full now. Not only their legal costs, it's likely that they'd have to pay yours too. Further, if this goes to Tribunal your award will be increased by at least 25% because they failed to conduct any kind of disciplinary process.

You can also make an agreed reference a condition of the settlement. ACAS will help with that.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                          X