• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

volunarty termination

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: volunarty termination

hi rob just got letter today saying they have terminated the agreement but I have got to pay them 600 pound and it has gone to link financial to collect the debt of me but it doesn't say what for and what is strange is the letter has come from there address in wales any advise please

Comment

hi rob should I email them getting fed up with startline

Comment

Hi Alfie,

Could you post up the letter with personal info removed? You can do this by uploading to www.postimage.org

I would suggest you also check your credit file too and see if there is any adverse markers on there. So what do you want to do next? If you've sent the letter before action then the next steps logically would be to issue proceedings against them, or you formally complain and then go to the Ombudsman and then potentially through court (the longer route).

It seems from another thread that Startline are quite ignorant and do as they please, I expect that until some kind of action is taken against them, they're not going to do much and you may be going round in circles.
        If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
        - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
        LEGAL DISCLAIMER
        Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

hi rob just checked my credit score they have took 2373 of my credit score and replaced it with 600 pound

- - - Updated - - -

I think they have sold the car and they wont the balance , how can they send me a letter from a debt recover when I have done everthing legal cheers

Comment

hi rob having trouble uploading the letter , the letter says , as the agreement has now been terminated we have been appointed by startline motor finance ltd in relation to the above referenced account and we are instructed to collect the full balance from you.
            the full balance has become due and payable, please can you send the amount immediately quoting our reference number either by post to the address above or by contacting an account officer who can take debit card payments and confirm any facts to you

if you are unable to afford to pay the amount shown but you want to start making payments or discuss alternative solutions please contact us urgently

if you require impartial financial advice you should consider contacting any of the organisations overleaf. they will be able to provide you with free money advice and assistance regarding your current circumstances please don't delay responding to this letter

Comment

Clearly they haven't given you any information as to what the amount is for. This is the type of tactics used by finance companies to make people pay up even if the money isn't owed. They have the power to affect your credit file and in the end they get the money they need.

It is up to you as to what you want to do, either fight it and take Startline to court for breach of data protection or pay up although your credit file may still be affected by the default marker.
              If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
              - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
              LEGAL DISCLAIMER
              Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

would I win if I took it to court ,

Comment

what would happen if I didn't pay the 600

Comment

If the balance relates to the difference between what the car sold and what it was worth then yes I think you would win at court.

If it relates to damages, then yes I would be confident. They would have to prove the damages occurred whilst in your possession (unless the car was brand new). The way to do that would be to provide condition report at the time the car was taken into your possession and then the condition report at the end to show the difference.

If its excess mileage then yes I think you would win at court.

I am going to assume the £600 does not relate to the monthly instalments and so the default marker can't be applied. Any damage charges would need to be determined by a court and not simply at the sole discretion of the lender if and when they choose to. This is because they can abuse that position such as the position you are in in order to extract monies from you regardless of whether they are entitled to it or not.

But you need to write to them and find out what the £600 is for first, then you can work out what action needs taken.
                    LEGAL DISCLAIMER

Comment

Thanks rob will get on it straight away thanks for your help will keep you informed

Comment

hi rob sent a letter sent them few emails asking what the 600 pound charge is for I have heard nothing today I got a phone call on private number leaving a voicemail saying it was links saying I need to phone them straight away , then I got email of startline saying I need to phone links debt collecters with ref number , I carnt see them giving me answer way I owe them 600 pound starting to get really frustrated with them , would it be easier for me to start court proceeding against them thanks

Comment

Originally posted by alfie13 View Post
                          hi rob sent a letter sent them few emails asking what the 600 pound charge is for I have heard nothing today I got a phone call on private number leaving a voicemail saying it was links saying I need to phone them straight away , then I got email of startline saying I need to phone links debt collecters with ref number , I carnt see them giving me answer way I owe them 600 pound starting to get really frustrated with them , would it be easier for me to start court proceeding against them thanks
                          Sorry for the late response, have you contacted them to find out what the £600 is for? it is unreasonable for them not to explain the break down of charges. You can do it one of two ways though, either record the call on your phone as to what was discussed or call them up and then follow up with an email to them on what was discussed, and depending on what is said you will consider taking further action for breach of data protection.
                          LEGAL DISCLAIMER

Comment

hi rob got letter today from links financial giving me break down why I owe the money it says I owe the money for unrecoverable charge fl vehicle damages 600 cheers

Comment

hi rob should I take court proceeding now cheers

Comment

Hi Alfie, I can't answer that question for you as the decision to take them to court is entirely up to you, and given its christmas you might wish to have a think about it over this time before committing to anything.

It would be helpful if you could upload the letter so I can read it fully and give you my opinion on it (personal info removed). You can go to postimage.org and provide a link from there if that's possible.

If indeed it is for unrecoverable damages then there are several lines of argument as to why they are in breach
                                LEGAL DISCLAIMER

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X