• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

volunarty termination

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: volunarty termination

Who's the name of the finance company? They are talking out of their rear end, it's their car and you are not a chauffeur. As long as you are not refusing to allow the goods to be collected they can't force you to drop it off. It's beyond your cope of liability.

Is the car on the driveway or public road?
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

there called startline motor finance, the cars on the driveway mike

Comment

Tell you what start the process of notifying the DVLA online, get the ball rolling on that and we can prepare a letter/email to startline about what they need to do and what will happen if they don't
        If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
        - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
        LEGAL DISCLAIMER
        Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

i have put the vehicle in there name mike

Comment

i have put there email address in so they will get notification about the change of ownership of the vehicle

Comment

How will you know when there has been a change of ownership though?
              LEGAL DISCLAIMER

Comment

i have given them my email address as well for sale notification

Comment

hi what should i put in my letter/email cheers mike

Comment

Sorry Alfie I've missed this, I'll try and get something up to you later tonight
                    LEGAL DISCLAIMER

Comment

cheers thanks rob

Comment

Hi Alfie apologies for the late response. You can add send something like the below

Dear Sirs,

Vehicle Registration:
                        Agreement Number:

I am writing with reference to the above. The reason for the [letter / email] is because having terminated my agreement in accordance with section 99 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974, you have point blank refused to arrange collection of the vehicle and/or allowed me to return it to yourselves. There is nothing within the CCA that legally requires me to sign any of your documents agreeing to pay any damages upon assessment, all that is required is to make the vehicle available, something I have done for some time.

As a result of this, I have now informed the DVLA of a change of registered keeper and once confirmed, any tax and insurance shall be cancelled I will arrange for the vehicle to be removed from my driveway and put onto a public highway as you no longer have permission for the vehicle to be parked on my property. May I remind you that the agreement was terminated on XX XX XXXX and because of your unreasonable conduct and behaviour we are now in this position. Therefore, any liability resulting from the car once it has been placed on a public highway shall be your responsibility unless you contact me to arrange collection beforehand. I anticipate receiving confirmation within the next [3-5] days at which point I shall no longer be in contact.

Yours sincerely.
                        LEGAL DISCLAIMER

Comment

hi rob I have pasted the letter and sent by email will keep you updated thanks for the help

Comment

Got email today from startline saying we request you please refer to sections 11 and 10.13 of the terms and conditions of your agreement , they wont the car delivered to auction house which is 60 miles away and if I wont it picking up 200 pound

Comment

hi rob they are saying in the agreement I signed it says your right to end agreement early 11.1 you may end this agreement in accordance the wording on the front pages under heading termination by you in which event you must return the vehicle to us at your expense and pay all repairs ,

Comment

hi Aflie,

Up to you what you want to do, it is a legal requirement for them to put a termination notice explaining you can termination after paying 50% and pay nothing more, if they do not then they have failed to comply with the prescribed terms of the agreement and becomes unenforceable.

Have you received confirmation from the DVLA yet as to registered keeper of the car transferring?

I would be minded just to tell them where to go and that there seems to be a stalemate, so unless they arrange collection of the car before the DVLA updates the database, you will be arranging for the car to be removed from your driveway and all liability rests with them. If they want to call your bluff then is up to you but they are ultimately going to lose as the CCA is on your side.
                                LEGAL DISCLAIMER

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X