• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Miss Sold An Online Course

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miss Sold An Online Course

Hi LB,

I am putting this thread out there as I am looking for information on how I can get my money back from a online games course called Train2Game.

I have spoken to the consumer side of Citizens Advice and they tell me to write a letter to Train2Game as well as the finance company that loaned the full sum of money to pay for the course.

Do you have any advice on this, I have seen some threads on here.
    I will be very grateful of any advice.
    Regards
    craig
    Tags: None

Re: Miss Sold An Online Course

Hi Craig1 & welcome to LB

This thread has some info
    http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...712#post667712
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Hi and welcome

How long ago did you sign up?
      When did you realise it was mis sold?
      In what way do you believe it was mis sold?

Comment

Hi,

I signed up for it in 2013.
        I started the course and a few things got in the way I was ill for a long period of time and then had a long recovery.
        When I came back to it in 2015 I realised that there had not been any webinars online video training etc. This is what I was promised in my initial meeting at my home.
        I carried on paying the monthly charge as I didn't have the energy or time to fit it and didn't want to end up with poor credit.
        I have finished paying off the £5000 now and the more and more I look into Train2Game on here and online in general I see its not a good course and a lot of people feel the same way.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by des8 View Post
        Hi and welcome

How long ago did you sign up?
        When did you realise it was mis sold?
        In what way do you believe it was mis sold?
        Hi,

I signed up for it in 2013.
        I started the course and a few things got in the way I was ill for a long period of time and then had a long recovery.
        When I came back to it in 2015 I realised that there had not been any webinars online video training etc. This is what I was promised in my initial meeting at my home.
        I carried on paying the monthly charge as I didn't have the energy or time to fit it and didn't want to end up with poor credit.
        I have finished paying off the £5000 now and the more and more I look into Train2Game on here and online in general I see its not a good course and a lot of people feel the same way.

Comment

Unfortunately you are too late to rescind the contract using the Misrepresentation Act 1967.

As you had a loan(?) you can try complaining to the FCA about mis-selling, as well as writing to the finance house.

Or you could request a return from T2G because they did not complete their side of the contract in that they did not supply what was promised at your initial meeting.
          I don't suppose the written details coincide with the verbal promises made, and there in lies your problem if you were to initiate court proceedings.

Comment

Hi,
            I have written out 2 letter one for the loan company and one for T2G to request money back.
            I have gone through all documents/books etc they gave me and highlighted the areas they mention online training, video training/classrooms and webinars. I feel the mention of this as well as the split between TIGA and T2G gives me a good case.
            Would you say?

Comment

Would you care to post up your letters (redacted) for others here to give them the once over?

Comment

How do you add images or docs so I can post these letters?

Comment

Would you care to post up your letters (redacted) for others here to give them the once over?
                  I have just copied and pasted below;

CAREER DEVELOPMENT FINANCE LIMITED
                  56 COLLINGDON STREET
                  LUTON
                  BEDFORDSHIRE
                  LU1 1RX

7 June 2016

Breach Of Contract/Misrepresentation Act 1967
                  (section 75 & 56 consumer credit act)

Dear CDF,

I entered into an agreement with your company on 08/2011 at a cost of £5000 via Direct Debit.
                  Agreement Ref:.....................

At the time of purchase, it was indicated by a representative from Train2Game, (company CDF provide finance to) Uzma Naz, that the service would include:
                  1. Regular Online Webinars (tutorials)
                  2. Live Interactive Tutorials
                  3. That TIGA was a course partner, (I know in recent months that this is a false claim as TIGA As Course Partener, has removed themselves been associated with Train2Game)
                  As I progressed with my course I discovered this is not the case, therefore I feel the contract was misrepresented to me. As such,I understand that under section 75 and 56 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 you, as the finance company involved in the transaction, are liable to the customer (me) for any breach of contract or misrepresentation along with the supplier of the goods and services.
                  The supplier’s failure to provide services outlined above is a breach of contract, and as I paid by Direct Debit I hold you liable for this breach as well as the supplier of the course (Train2Game).
                  I therefore expect you to credit my account with the full purchase price of £5000 within the next 14 days.
                  If I do not hear from you with a satisfactory response to this letter within 14 days then I will reserve my right to start legal action against you to recover my loss due to your failure to comply with S.75 and S.56 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

As this is a formal letter I must refer you to the Practice Direction on Pre-Action Conduct and in particular to Paragraph 4 concerning the Courts powers to impose sanctions for failure to comply with the Practice Direction.
                  Yours faithfully,

Train 2 Game
                  Hamilton House, 80-88 Collingdon Street
                  Luton,
                  Bedfordshire,
                  LU1 1RX

Dear Train 2 Game,

I entered into an agreement with your company on 08/2011 at a cost of £5000 via Direct Debit.
                  Agreement Ref: …………...

At the time of purchase, it was indicated by a representative from Train2Game, Uzma Naz, that the service would include:
                  3. That TIGA was a course partner, (I know in recent months that this is a false claim as TIGA As Course Partener, has removed themselves been associated with Train2Game)

As I progressed with my course I discovered this is not the case, therefore I feel the contract was misrepresented to me. As such,I understand that under section 75 and 56 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 you, as the course provider company involved in the transaction, are liable to the customer (me) for any breach of contract or misrepresentation along with the finance company of the goods and services.
                  The supplier’s failure to provide services outlined above is a breach of contract, and as I paid by Direct Debit I hold you liable for this breach as well as the finance company of the course (Career Development Finance Ltd).
                  I therefore expect you to credit my account with the full purchase price of £5000 within the next 14 days.
                  If I do not hear from you with a satisfactory response to this letter within 14 days then I will reserve my right to start legal action against you to recover my loss due to your failure to comply with S.75 and S.56 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

As this is a formal letter I must refer you to the Practice Direction on Pre-Action Conduct and in particular to Paragraph 4 concerning the Courts powers to impose sanctions for failure to comply with the Practice Direction.
                  Yours faithfully,

Comment

Originally posted by Craig1 View Post
                    I have just copied and pasted below;

CAREER DEVELOPMENT FINANCE LIMITED
                    56 COLLINGDON STREET
                    LUTON
                    BEDFORDSHIRE
                    LU1 1RX

7 June 2016

Dear CDF,

Agreement Ref:.....................

At the time of purchase, I was told by a representative from Train2Game, (company CDF provide finance to) Uzma Naz, that the service would include:
                    3. That TIGA was a course partner, (I know now that this is a false claim as TIGA As Course Partener, has removed themselves from association with Train2Game)
                    As I progressed with my course it became clear the contract was misrepresented to me and the supplier was in breach of contract Under section 75 and 56 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 you, as the finance company involved in the transaction, are liable to the customer (me) for any breach of contract or misrepresentation along with the supplier of the goods and services.
                    I therefore require you to credit my account with the full purchase price of £5000 within the next 14 days.

Yours faithfully,

Train 2 Game
                    Hamilton House, 80-88 Collingdon Street
                    Luton,
                    Bedfordshire,
                    LU1 1RX

Dear Train 2 Game,

Agreement Ref: …………...

At the time of purchase, I was told by your representative, Uzma Naz, that the service would include:
                    3. That TIGA was a course partner, (I know now that this is a false claim as TIGA As Course Partener, has removed themselves from association with Train2Game)

As I progressed with my course it became clear the contract was misrepresented to me and, you, as the course provider were also in breach of contract.
                    I therefore require you refund the full purchase price of £5000 within the next 14 days.
                    If I do not hear from you with a satisfactory response to this letter within 14 days then I reserve my right to start legal action against you to recover my lossesd
                    Yours faithfully,
                    Tweaked your letters slightly.
                    send both companies a copy of the other's letter

Comment

Tweaked your letters slightly.
                      send both companies a copy of the other's letter

Ok thank you very much, do you feel I have covered everything as well as including the correct sections to quote?

Comment

you have given sufficient information at this stage.
                        Wait for their dismissal of your claim!

Comment

you have given sufficient information at this stage.
                          Wait for their dismissal of your claim!
                          Ok I am sure it will be dismissed.
                          Where do I go from there if it does?
                          I will make sure I send the recorded delivery. Do I need to give them a set time to respond within?

Comment

You gave them 14 days.
                            Just wait and see what comes back .... next step depends on their response

Comment

I will be sending my letter off tomorrow via recorded post

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X