• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

change of shifts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• change of shifts

Hi, I want to know what are my rights in regards to this:

I was working for a company for about a year then our services got subcontracted to another company . I do have a contract who I was told under TUPE is getting with the new company under the same terms. However later on there were some changes mainly with shifts and time of the day. i.e. I do not want the night shift -22-1 o clcok

the contract terms were as transfered initially (with this company 3 hours per week then it became 5 hours per week with the 3 hours (unsociable hours 22-1).

What can I do to get a daytime shift? (worked for the company close to 2years)
    I am asking before I speak to the General Manager ( supervisor and not the General Manager wants me to do this weekend 12-3 in the morning?)
    Tags: None

Re: change of shifts

As you have not been employed for 2 years you can not make a claim for constructive unfair dismissal. i would advise you to raise a grievance and argue that your contract, (unwritten on the times that you work) has been changed. Sadly if they say you have to work the new hours and you leave you will not be able to make a claim for constructive unfair dismissal due to your length of service. in the event that you have been employed for longer than 2 years then you can make such a claim. however, i would take more advice before taking the decision to resign.

Comment

Re: change of shifts

If your contract only sets out the number of hours you work, your employer can change your shift patterns.

However you do have a statutory right to request a change to your working arrangements (including shift patterns) to allow you to work in a way that better suits you.(Flexible Working Regulations 2014)
      Employers have to handle the request in a reasonable manner.
      That means it has to be considered properly and refused only for certain business reasons such as detrimental impact on quality and performance, ability to meet customer demand, demands of the work flow etc.

Also why do you not wish to work these hours? eg if you are a working mother you may be protected by anti discrimination legislation

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
      See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
      X