• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Charging order, Costs order...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charging order, Costs order...

A while ago I received a costs order, I was ordered to pay for it within 28 days, at the time I couldn't pay. The Defendant wouldn't move on payment in stages and they put an application for a charging order thinking they could force the sale on the primary residence.

We went back to court and was ordered to complete some forms with income and expenditure and they had been granted an interim charging order.

Then on the second court day (Defendant didn't turn up) I went to court and I was ordered to pay £49 per month until it was settled. Although the DJ raised a concern that the previous DJ didn't put the charging order through correctly and it was still an interim charging order (however at the time I didn't let him push the issue, although he wanted to throw it all out and start again).

Needless to say that I started to make the payments of £49 pcm. I have been making those payments for 3 years nearly.

Although now the solicitors that I made the payments to have been sold off to a larger firm. The new firm hasn't provided any details. The first I new of this was when the account was closed that I deposited the funds into and the money was just bouncing back to my account.

The new firm isn't interested because the client isn't theres any more (the Defendant is not in the UK). So I suppose my question is how do I get rid of the interim charge and when is it best to try and what to do about the entire situation.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X