• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

pmpmpm22 vs Hoist Portfolio Holdings 2 Ltd p

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pmpmpm22 vs Hoist Portfolio Holdings 2 Ltd p

Claim Form Date of Issue :- 26/07/2016
    Claim Form Date of Service 29/07/2016
    Particulars Of Claim :- This Claim is for the sum of £2346.19 in respect of monies owing under an Agreement with the account no. xxxxx pursuant to the Consumer Credit Act 1974(CCA). The debt was legally assigned by MKDP LLP(Ex Barclaycard) to the Claimant and notice has been served. The Defendant has failed to make contractual payments under the terms of the agreement. A default notice has been served upon the Defendant pursuant to s.81(1) CCA. The claimant claims :- 1. The sum of 2346.19 2. Interest pursuant to s69 of the County Court Act 1984 at a rate of 8.00 percent from 27/09/11 to the date hereof 1759 is the sum of £904.48 3. Future interest accruing at a daily rate of £.51 4. Costs

Last payment was made before 2011, default according to noddle is August 2011.
    I have sent a CCA request to Claimant and sent a CPR request to claimants solicitors with a CCA request enclosed. Both sent by Royal Mail Recorded Delivery.

I have acknowledged the debt with the intent to defend the whole claim.

- - - Updated - - -

Any help or advice on what steps to take next are very much appreciated.
    Tags: None

Re: pmpmpm22 vs Hoist Portfolio Holdings 2 Ltd p

Originally posted by pmpmpm22 View Post
    Claim Form Date of Issue :- 26/07/2016
    Claim Form Date of Service 29/07/2016
    Particulars Of Claim :- This Claim is for the sum of £2346.19 in respect of monies owing under an Agreement with the account no. xxxxx pursuant to the Consumer Credit Act 1974(CCA). The debt was legally assigned by MKDP LLP(Ex Barclaycard) to the Claimant and notice has been served. The Defendant has failed to make contractual payments under the terms of the agreement. A default notice has been served upon the Defendant pursuant to s.81(1) CCA. The claimant claims :- 1. The sum of 2346.19 2. Interest pursuant to s69 of the County Court Act 1984 at a rate of 8.00 percent from 27/09/11 to the date hereof 1759 is the sum of £904.48 3. Future interest accruing at a daily rate of £.51 4. Costs

Last payment was made before 2011, default according to noddle is August 2011.
    I have sent a CCA request to Claimant and sent a CPR request to claimants solicitors with a CCA request enclosed. Both sent by Royal Mail Recorded Delivery.

I have acknowledged the debt with the intent to defend the whole claim.

- - - Updated - - -

Any help or advice on what steps to take next are very much appreciated.
    Hi welcome to LB

Looks like you have everything in hand!

Who is the original creditor and what type of account was this?

nem

Comment

The original creditor was Barclaycard. It is a credit card debt.

Comment

The original creditor was Barclaycard. It is a credit card debt.
        Good morning,

When was the last payment made? When was the account defaulted/terminated?

nem

Comment

Im not sure when the last payment was made. According to Noddle the account was defaulted in August 2011 and no payments have been made since. I say according to Noddle as I thought it was earlier than this but I'm not confident enough to try and claim Statute Barred. I am yet to receive anything from the Claimant/Solicitors I believe they have 14working days to reply is this correct? The request was sent on the 01/08/2016 so they have until the 18/08/2016? The claim was acknowledged on the 29/07/2016 so I must submit my defence by the 26/08/2016 is that correct?
          Any help is greatly appreciated.

Comment

If you no longer have historic bank details, you could SAR Barclaycard for them.
            It'll cost you a tenner.
            http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ur-information
            CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
            Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
            gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
            The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Im not sure when the last payment was made. According to Noddle the account was defaulted in August 2011 and no payments have been made since. I say according to Noddle as I thought it was earlier than this but I'm not confident enough to try and claim Statute Barred. I am yet to receive anything from the Claimant/Solicitors I believe they have 14working days to reply is this correct? The request was sent on the 01/08/2016 so they have until the 18/08/2016? The claim was acknowledged on the 29/07/2016 so I must submit my defence by the 26/08/2016 is that correct?
              Any help is greatly appreciated.
              Unless you are in Scotland the debt would not become statute barred until Aug. 2017.

12+ 2 Working days for a CCA request, nominal 7days for CPR31.14

I suspect that with this being Barclaycard it's quite possible that the default was placed a considerable time after payments ceased.

For your defence 28 days from date of issue.

Have a look at the defence template (s) in the green box at the top of the main forum page.

nem

Comment

Claim issue date 26/07/2016
                +33 days = Sunday 28/08/2016
                Defence due latest Monday 29th.
                CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Thanks for all the information so far. I have today received a letter from Robinson Way stating,
                  Dear xxxxx,
                  Due to: HPH2 LTD (Ex Barclay card) Our Reference: xxxx
                  Account Number: xxxx Amount Due: £3515.67

We acknowledge receipt of your request under sections 77-79 of the Consumer Credit Act.
                  Your account is now with our client's solicitor Howard Cohen and Co and they have issued a County Court Claim against you.
                  As you have filed your defence in this matter, all documents will be requested by our clients solicitor Howard Cohen and Co as part of this process, therefore please find enclosed your £1 fee.
                  If you have any questions please contact our office on xxxx.

They have not sent the CCA. Should I expect it from the solicitors or would I have received it had they had it? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Comment

Have you filed a defence with the court?
                    CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                    Phelps, C. C.

Comment

No, I have not

Comment

Resend the CCA request to Hoist with a strong letter admonishing them.

They are fully aware that they have a legal duty under the CCA to supply the documents, & that failure to comply means that they cannot enforce the alleged debt.
                        CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                        Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Have they not already failed to comply? Is it in my best interest to give them a second chance? If I can prove I have sent the request and they havent complied should a judge not side with me?

Comment

Have they not already failed to comply?
                            Yes
                            Is it in my best interest to give them a second chance?
                            Pass
                            If I can prove I have sent the request and they havent complied should a judge not side with me?
                            That would be up to the judge, I guess.
                            Personally I wouldn't chance it, but a second opinion wouldn't hurt. @Diana M ?
                            Ok, third opinion as well..... @nemesis45 ?
                            CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                            Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Thanks for your input so far

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X