• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Employment agency wont pay coz no signature from client

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Employment agency wont pay coz no signature from client

Sorry Rob I am going to have to re-read through what you posted later time and time again as I dont understand it!
    In basic English what dose it mean please?

Comment

It means that any agency who supply's workers to a company and the agency pays those workers instead of the company, then the agency cannot withhold the workers pay if the worker does not provide signed evidence from the company that he worked for during the period in question.

So in your case, if you have worked during that time for the company then the agency cannot refuse to pay you because you've not had a time sheet signed by the company. They could withhold it for a reasonable period of time whilst they made enquirers to verify when you worked but they can't withhold it outright.

Does that help?
      If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
      - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
      LEGAL DISCLAIMER
      Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

OK I now understand what you are now saying regarding "The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003"
        But as I said I signed a contract contradicting the opposite to that link!
        Is there anywhere in the link/book that states the same rules will apply regardless of what ells has been agreed to?

Thanks
        Batista230

Comment

Everything you need to know is contained in the section I've quoted, and to answer your question you can find it highlighted in red below:

An employment business shall not, in respect of a work-seeker whom it supplies to a hirer, withhold or threaten to withhold from the work-seeker (whether by means of the inclusion of a term in a contract with the work-seeker or otherwise) the whole or any part of any payment in respect of any work done by the work-seeker on any of the following grounds
          What the above means is that it is unlawful for an agency to withhold or threaten to withhold payment that the worker is entitled to, even if there is a clause in the contract that contradicts this position.
          If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
          - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
          LEGAL DISCLAIMER
          Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by R0b View Post
            Everything you need to know is contained in the section I've quoted, and to answer your question you can find it highlighted in red below:

What the above means is that it is unlawful for an agency to withhold or threaten to withhold payment that the worker is entitled to, even if there is a clause in the contract that contradicts this position.
            Is that quote suitable to present in frount of a judge?

Comment

Why wouldn't it be? It's the law
              LEGAL DISCLAIMER

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
              X