• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Zenith Collections chasing 2013 parking fine - Peel Centre Excel Parking

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zenith Collections chasing 2013 parking fine - Peel Centre Excel Parking

Car was parked in Peel Centre (Excel) car park in May 2013. The driver parked without displaying valid ticket. No recollection of receiving PCN notice via post.

In Oct 2013 Roxburghe sent letter asking for £160. At the bottom of the letter in red it stated " IMPORTANT NOTICE Under the Terms and Conditions associated with this PCN it is important to note that the driver who enters into a contract for the parking of a vehicle at the car park, whether by purchasing a ticket or otherwise, is responsible for the resolution of this breach." I replied to state this was the first correspondence I had received and was not the driver on that day.

Heard nothing but since moving house have received two letters - one demand for payment from DRP on 4th July 2016 which I ignored. Now received Notice of Debt Recovery Assignment from Zentith Collections suggesting I pay reduced settlement figure in 14 days.

Can I just carry on ignoring these? I assumed from the explicit important notice on the Roxburghe letter that I was not responsible for the breach as I was not the driver and therefore did not enter into a contract.

I have noticed on other social media sites that people are being taken to court from PCN's relating to Peel Centre so am I bit worried if I keep on ignoring I will end up there myself! Thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Zenith Collections chasing 2013 parking fine - Peel Centre Excel Parking

Have a look at the small writing at the bottom of the letters.

Comment

I realise that DRP and Zenith are the same. I was just wondering if the wording on the first letter meant that only the driver entered into the contract and not the registered keeper. That wording was why I ignored in the first place.

Comment

File away and ignore all bar court papers or a letter before action. If the heading is DRP, Zenith, Zzzzps, etc stop reading put it back in the envelope and add it to the pile you have already filed.

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X