• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

bank smart breach of contract charge?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bank smart breach of contract charge?

BANK SMART just sent me an invoice foe over £409 for "breach of contract". This is apparently due to non reciept of info they have requested. I have always returned all requested docs to them and the claims they are investigating have yet to yield ANY results at all. A previous claim with them DID result in compensation for which l have already paid their fees in full some years ago. They advertise as "no win no fee" yet are billing me for ACHIEVING NOTHING!
    Any advice would be v much appreciated
    Tags: None

Re: bank smart breach of contract charge?

This is typical of Bank Smart I'm afraid. There's a clause in their contracts which say they can charge you for breach of contract for not returning paperwork but they abuse it.

You need to make a formal complaint which if rejected you can take to the Legal Ombudsman.

There's a similar thread here http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ank-Smart-Fees

Comment

Thankyou. Will start the formal complaint process. From the looks of the other thread lm in for a long and bumpy ride

Comment

mainwaring

I have now received an email from them saying the same thing!

I had about 4 claims with them, all of which started on 10% no win no fee basis around back in 2007 - One case they said could claim back about £400 which I then got nothing from it and they charged me £99 admin fee!!! How ridiculous is this.

The other accounts they "cancelled" as there was nothing to claim and yet again they charged me £105 fee. Now finally on the last account, they have requested information from me which I have returned (TWICE)! and they claim nothing was received and now they want £520 in fees for "Breach of Contract"! This is just ridiculous, they are nothing but thieves, liars and time wasters.

I have emailed them back to justify their fees - why should we have to pay when they did not do anything at all. I joined on a no win no fee basis.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Sony715 View Post
          mainwaring

I have now received an email from them saying the same thing!

I had about 4 claims with them, all of which started on 10% no win no fee basis around back in 2007 - One case they said could claim back about £400 which I then got nothing from it and they charged me £99 admin fee!!! How ridiculous is this.

The other accounts they "cancelled" as there was nothing to claim and yet again they charged me £105 fee. Now finally on the last account, they have requested information from me which I have returned (TWICE)! and they claim nothing was received and now they want £520 in fees for "Breach of Contract"! This is just ridiculous, they are nothing but thieves, liars and time wasters.

I have emailed them back to justify their fees - why should we have to pay when they did not do anything at all. I joined on a no win no fee basis.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
          You need to make a formal complaint to Bank Smart. Be sure to detail everything that happened and write it so that someone unconnected with Bank Smart can understand it because if Bank Smart reject it you can take the complaint to the Legal Ombudsman.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X