• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

How to get Account Info

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to get Account Info

Over the past few year against my better judgement Ive held a number of HP or Loan agreements with Welcome Finance!

I finally have nothing with them now - yeay! However I am aware that they have nasty charges and penalties, and no doubt they have added them on my account over the years.

Now before I do my SAR, I need to get information regarding all my accounts with them.

Do I just bang off a letter saying "Ive had a number of accounts with you over the years please formward to me list of the account numbers" or something?

Obviously I cant get the account information and statements unless I have the account number in the first place!!!

Any advice please!

Surly they should have the info on your accounts and by giving them your full name and address where you were at the time of the account, then they could give you account numbers. they may I suppose ask you for proof of ID or failing that have you know info on your bank statements if you paid by DD.

Comment

They flipping no me beleive you me!!!!

Ha HA

Cant wait to get these jokers. about 2 years ago I was desperate to raise some case, as I was trying to buy my ex out of a property.

Anyway took a £1000 loan out with them over 24 months. being desperate I didnt notice all the little adds ons etc etc. Anyway after a few months when brain kicked into gear, I took a look at the payments as they just didnt add up.

I kid you not theyd added over £1200 of flipping add ons!!!!

Interst came to apprx £500, then it was PP, Life Ins, Legal Advice and all this other nonsence you wouldnt need for such a small loan.

Flipping leaches that what they are

Comment

have you no grounds for the PPi being mis sold, ie were you told no PPi no loan, or have you any illness that would make claiming void and finally were you in full time emplyment.
        Interest is bad enough, but you've had £700 added it looks like just for the PPi

Comment

You may adapt the SAR slightly to reflect the fact that you are not in possession of your old account numbers. That way you should only write one letter instead of engaging them in any lengthy correspondence.

They may argue with you but not for long.

Try something like this.

Please supply me with a complete list of transactions and charges relating to my banking history since commencement of my accounts. Alternatively, a complete set of account statements for that period will be acceptable.

Kindly note that I have held a number of accounts with your company and require data for any and all accounts that I have held. My name and address details will be sufficient for you to ascertain the full details of my various accounts with your company.

Comment

OK then Letter Off you go.

SAR - 40 Days & Counting!

Comment

Well Ive heard nothing from Welcome in relation to my letter. No news Good News?

But had interesting responce re my hubby - saying they need £10 to do a SAR. Which is funny coz I stapled the cheque to the letter????

We have now tried to ring them and speak to the author of the letter they sent to state this, but everytime they transferr us they put us on hold, so far not even once have we managed to get through!!

Stupid Stalling Tactics!!!

Even though they are not near their 40 days compliance I thinking of sending them a reminder letter detailing what we going to do because of their actions?

They need a kick up the......

Comment

I would just hang fire until about 30days, and keep checking your bank account to see if the cheque gets cashed.
                Thay have admitted that they have recieved your request.
                Did you include the cheque number in your letter, this would be good if it the cheque then gets cashed as it could amount to them trying to obtain money by deception.

Paul

Comment

No I didnt but its referenced in my cheque book anyway.

Im not sure as to why to hang fire 30 days - as they have made it clear that they are not going to do the SAR until they receive payment for it.

As things stand we havent even had the opportunity to state the cheque was stapled to the letter because they just wont speak to us. so as far as they are concerned they have written to us to request we send a furtehr £10 - and as we have not - they wont do the SAR.

Ive cobbled a letter basically outlining their obvious failings & shoddy Customer Services, and gently reminded them they have until end of July to comply!!

After all this is Welcome Finance we are talking about - and anybody who has had any dealings with them in the past will know what they are like!!!

Comment

[quote=Cetelco;10001]You may adapt the SAR slightly to reflect the fact that you are not in possession of your old account numbers. That way you should only write one letter instead of engaging them in any lengthy correspondence.

They may argue with you but not for long.

You're pyschic arent you?

You knew exactly what they were going to do - mess me around.

Welcome, Welcome, Welcome - always so predictable!!!!

Comment

My point with the 30 days is as follows:

Many companies have a mail sorter who opens the envelope if thers a cheque it goes to banking, they arent ar$ed about what the letter says.
                      The letter then goes to the correct person, and of course theres no cheque..Voila

This is exactley what happened when i sent my SAR request to Renault Finance, It was only when i sent the '7 days to comply' letter to them that the Data officer called me and apologised and told me 'the above bit' and that my docs would be sent as a mater of urgency (3days i got them all).
                      But this was Bank of Scotland, so Welcome may operate completly different

Paul

Comment

I get it.

It would have been much easier if they had just spoken to us on the phone. But never fear.

BasicallyIve just said in letter - cheque stapled to letter - tried to phone you - paperwork in 30 days time ta - or letter to ICO!!!

I think Welcome operate on another planet to be honest!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                          I think Welcome operate on another planet to be honest!!!!!!

Dont they all???

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                          Working...
                          X