• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Joint tenancy - removal of second party

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joint tenancy - removal of second party

Hi

My ex and I are joint tenants on our property. There is no mortgage and we would like to transfer her share to so I am the sole owner. We are not married, She currently lives in Germany. There is no money changing hands.
    When I approached a solicitor about the conveyancing work they wanted their 'standard fee' of £450 plus VAT even though it seems to me to be about the simplest conveyancing piece I could imagine. They also insisted that my ex must get her own solicitor and they would not handle it for both of us.
    So 2 questions really:
    Is there a solicitor either London-based or distance-agnostic who would be able or willing to handle this for both parties for an affordable fee.
    Failing that is it easy enough to do this myself with a little forum assistance?
    I don't know how tricky the fact she is in Germany would make either of these options.

Thanks in advance
    K
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X