• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

zzps ltd requesting payment of pcn _ help please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zzps ltd requesting payment of pcn _ help please

Hi, I hope someone can help me _ I think ive got in a bit of a mess. I received a pcn for overstaying in a B&M car park, I had shopped and then returned again for more shopping id forgotten first time taking me over the allowed time. I do have redeipts for both. I ignored the pcn and am starting to regret but everyone told me to ignore it. Now ive got a letter from zzps ltd on behalf of their client "civil enforcement ltd" asking for £200. The letters have all been sent to my husband as the registered keeper, he not too happy with me now. Should I just pay up? Thanks
    Tags: None

Re: zzps ltd requesting payment of pcn _ help please

Go in and speak to the manager, receipts in hand. Ask nicely then, if required, become more noticeable to other customers.

CEL are pretty bad at keeper liability requirements so your husband would probably win a court case (did he recieve the original PCN within 14 days ?)

M1

Comment

ZZPs run by an ex director of Roxburghe Gary Osner was found to be unfit to hold a consumer credit license so take care dealing with this.

nem

Comment

Can you be any more specific please what do you mean ? That sounds quite scary - should I be worried? Thanks all

Comment

Zzzzzzzpss are just bullshit letter writers for hire. No power, nothing. I always advise ignoring them and their ilk as far as private parking matters go. Deal with the manager (and/or CEL if you want to) but ignore these clowns.

M1

Comment

Thanks M1 that's put me more at ease, I'll continue to ignore zzps. out of interest though what would the comment 'being unfit to hold a consumer credit license' actually mean in reality or this circumstance? Is it as simple as he can't legally chase for an alleged debt? Thanks again

Comment

Nothing as it's not consumer credit.

M1

Comment

Hi M1 thanks for all the advice,it's reassuring , I'm going to continue to ignore them, I'm now on holiday so will relax and totally forget about zpps

Comment

Hi again, we are now receiving letters from Wright Halsall solicitors, any thought on this latest development?

Comment

Hundreds of people are getting them.

Ignore a final notice but reply to a letter before claim, is what i suggest.

M1

Comment

Can I check my understanding please? Do you mean reply to the solicitors before they take it to a court claim ? Thanks again for all you advice,

Comment

Debt collection garbage, which i'd ignore.

Letter before action which i'd respond to.

M1

Comment

Hi, although not exactly the same as these examples my letter asks for payment in 14 days (now £236), or "failure to pay in full May result in us recommending to our client that we pass over to our litigation department , this may mean they will look to obtain a CCJ'
                          So is the first example you attached which falls under the 'garbage' category?
                          Thanks
                          Angela

Comment

:okay:

M1

Comment

Hi again, now we have a "formal letter of claim" saying if no payment is received they will review and may be left with no alternative but to issue county court proceedings seeking a money judgement order - signed by "head of debt recovery operations " . So I take it that's the one you say we should respond to But how do we respond to that? Tempted to just pay up now, thanks again

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X