• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cabot Financial - Lloyds Bank

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cabot Financial - Lloyds Bank

Hi Nemesis,

I've attached a further letter received today which states they're considering legal action. Any advice on how I should deal with this latest communication. Thank you.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by bezbo13 View Post
      Hi Nemesis,

I've attached a further letter received today which states they're considering legal action. Any advice on how I should deal with this latest communication. Thank you.
      Hello Bezbo,

A Lloyds account? What type Bank Account/Overdraft / Credit Card/ Loan?

Do you recognise the account and the amount outstanding?

Have you checked your credit files for this debt? (you can check Noddle Free Online).

nem

Comment

Hi Nem,

I have registered with Noddle and there are two defaults with Lloyds and I think this one relates to an Overdraft.

Thanks in advance

Comment

Hi Nem,

I have registered with Noddle and there are two defaults with Lloyds and I think this one relates to an Overdraft.

Thanks in advance
          Hello Bezbo,

Do you what is the default date shown on your credit file?

nem

Comment

Hi Nemesis,

The default date was April 2012. I've attached yet another letter revived from Cabot....this one seems to be more concerning. Is it worth contacting them to arrange a payment plan?

Thanks for your continued support Nem.

Kind regards
            Bezbo
            Attached Files

Comment

Hi Nemesis,

The default date was April 2012. I've attached yet another letter revived from Cabot....this one seems to be more concerning. Is it worth contacting them to arrange a payment plan?

Thanks for your continued support Nem.

Kind regards
              Bezbo
              Well there's no CCA for an overdraft so no point in doing a request.
              So I would send a letter requiring full detail of the account and how the amount Carboot are chasing and proof that they are entitled to pursue the alleged debt.

It's one thing to claim that you owe £xxxx but can they prove it.

nem

Comment

Hi Nem,
                Thanks for your quick reply.
                Do you have a standard letter within your files on could use?
                Thanks
                Bezbo

Comment

Morning Nem,

Letter sent off today, will update you once I receive a reply.

Thanks for your help.

Bezbo

Comment

Morning Nem,

Letter sent off today, will update you once I receive a reply.

Thanks for your help.

Bezbo
                    Good morning Bezbo,

My apologies for not getting back to you for some reason a few posts have gone into my spam folder so I missed post 22.

I hope this works out for you.

nem

Comment

Hi Nem.

Finally received a reply from Cabots who provided a notice of assigment together with a bundle of stayements. I have attached the covering letter. What would you suggest as a way forward? Thanks.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Morning Bezbo,

Did you make a payment in 2014?
                        nem

Comment

Hi Nem,

Are you able to assist with the above?

Thanks

Comment

Hi Nem,

Are you able to assist with the above?

Thanks
                            Good morning @bezbo,
                            Yes I am around, how can I help?

nem

Comment

Morning Nem.
                              Sorry, I didn't see your earlier post. I would imagine that a payment was made in 2014 but I cannot be 100%. Received another letter from them this week threating Court action. Any advice on what to do next would be gratefully appreciated. Thanks

Comment

Morning Nem.
                                Sorry, I didn't see your earlier post. I would imagine that a payment was made in 2014 but I cannot be 100%. Received another letter from them this week threating Court action. Any advice on what to do next would be gratefully appreciated. Thanks
                                Hello Bezbo,

If all that has been provided us the statements and an NOA and the last payment was in 2014 and no court action has actually started perhaps it's time to try to kill this of now.

With a letter to the" boss" at Cabot.
                                Confidential
                                Mr Ken Stannard
                                CEO
                                Cabot Financial Ltd.

Date:

Ref: Use theirs.

Dear Mr Stannard,

I refer to recent communications from Cabot Financial Ltd. regarding an alleged debt of £ xxx arising from a credit card account with Lloyds Bank Ltd.

Please note I do not acknowledge any liability to Cabot Financial or a company it may claim to represent.

For clarity and the avoidance of any misunderstanding I attach a letter dated xxxx from a Jo Barber received on date with the attached documents she claims prove that I have liability for the alleged debt.

I have made a request under the provisions of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 as (amended) for a copy of the agreement from which the alleged debt arises.

Cabot has failed to comply with this request either with a proper copy of the agreement or a reconstituted one as you see from the attached documents provided by Ms Barber.

I now respectfully request that Cabot Financial closes the file on the alleged debt as it is clear the alleged debt is unenforceable via the courts.

I am most concerned regarding the attempt to mislead me into believing I have a liability for an alleged debt that Cabo of which has no
                                viable agreement or contract to prove its claim.

Should Cabot Financial Ltd decide to proceed with court action any claim will be robustly defended.

Yours etc.

Just a suggestion bezbo for you to amend if you decide to use it send by signed for post and check delivery.

nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X