• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cabot Financial - Lloyds Bank

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cabot Financial - Lloyds Bank

Hi, my husband had just received a letter from Cabot. It's asking him to contact them to arrange repayment. Default date was the 4/12. Balance is £4850. Any advice on how to deal with this would be appreciated. Thanks in advance
    Tags: None

Re: Cabot Financial - Lloyds Bank

Originally posted by bezbo13 View Post
    Hi, my husband had just received a letter from Cabot. It's asking him to contact them to arrange repayment. Default date was the 4/12. Balance is £4850. Any advice on how to deal with this would be appreciated. Thanks in advance
    Good morning.

Is this the first contact from Cabot?
    Is there any mention of legal action in the letter?

What type of account was this?

It would help is you could post a copy of the letter after removing you name and address and any account numbers.

Please do not contact Cabot by phone keep everything in writing.

nem

Comment

Thanks for your reply. There doesn't seem to be any threat of Court action just yet but they're also contacting him on the phone....he just ends the call after they've confirmed who they are. It either relates to an overdraft or loan, he's not too sure as he had two accounts. Can you please explain how I attach a copy of the letter. Thanks

Comment

Thanks for your reply. There doesn't seem to be any threat of Court action just yet but they're also contacting him on the phone....he just ends the call after they've confirmed who they are. It either relates to an overdraft or loan, he's not too sure as he had two accounts. Can you please explain how I attach a copy of the letter. Thanks
        Hi,

How frequent are these calls?

nem

Comment

Comment

He's received 2 but has not confirmed they've got the correct person, he just ends the call. I have uploaded a copy of the letter. Thanks

Comment

Well there's some nonsense there, the credit report is already affected by the defaulted account.

My previous question was how frequent are the phone calls.

nem

Comment

He's received 2 but has not confirmed they've got the correct person, he just ends the call. thanks

Comment

Hi Nem,

Since my last post, a further 2 calls have been received and promptly ended!

Are you able to assist with this matter?

kind regards

Comment

He's received 2 but has not confirmed they've got the correct person, he just ends the call. thanks
                    Hi bezbo.
                    What we are looking if this was to considered harassment would be 2 + calls a day at present the calls seem reasonable in frequency.

nem

Comment

Hi Nem,

Thank you for your reply. We will keep a track on how often the calls are if they increase.

Should we reply to the correspondence? I'm concerned they'll apply for a CCJ.

kind regards

Comment

Hi Nem,

Thank you for your reply. We will keep a track on how often the calls are if they increase.

Should we reply to the correspondence? I'm concerned they'll apply for a CCJ.

kind regards
                        Good morning bezbo,
                        Is there written confirmation as to what Cabot are chasing ? Can you post copies of correspondence please.

nem

Comment

Hi Nemesis, sorry for delay. Here is a copy of the correspondence. Thanks
                          Attached Files

Comment

Hi Nemesis, sorry for delay. Here is a copy of the correspondence. Thanks
                            Cabot is not mentioning any reason for contacting you and until they disclose what exactly the are pursuing I would not contact them.
                            There's just the barest detail re a Lloyds current account, do you have any history /details of this account e.g. when the account was last used?
                            Or the date the account was defaulted?

It may help to check your credit reference files, Noddle is Free Online.

nem

Comment

Afternoon Nemesis,
                              Attached is a letter revived today but dated 13/07/16, they're either backdating letters or its been sent via snail mail!!

Not heard anything further from Cabot but I'm sure we will soon.

Thanks for your continued help with this matter.

Kind regards
                              Attached Files

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X