• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Walked out of employment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walked out of employment

Hello,

I was employed for 8 months (full time) with a small vehicle dealership. On the 28th July 2016, I walked out of my position due to unsolved grievances within the working environment.

These grievances related to;

- The two Employees I work with, within a substantially enclosed environment were continually smoking (every 30 minutes), leading to me breathing in second hand smoke which caused minor headaches, and this included smoking within vehicles and within a fully enclosed environment (workshop).

- Biased allocation of workload (one of the people I worked with was the father in law of the supervisor).

- Attitude of a member of staff towards other members of staff and myself.

I've secured a new job, so I went in on the 28th to hand my notice in and work the statutory amount required, the owner of the business wasn't around, and I guess things got to me with everything there, and I got into my car and drove home.

What I want to know is;

- I was sent a payslip on the 26th July (as is normal), and I am paid on the 28th of each month, however, today is the 29th and I have not been paid. The owner does the payments himself (he does them via banking transfer). What is the correct way to deal with the non payment of wages on the agreed date? He's not got back to my email sent yesterday, and I'm now feeling as if he's going to unlawfully withhold my money that I have earned.

Many thanks in advance for any help.

Michael.
    Tags: None

Re: Walked out of employment

Did you raise a grievance with your employer before handing your notice in? I'm guessing not but that would have been the best thing to do.

https://www.gov.uk/smoking-at-work-the-law for ref.

Were you paid in arrears or in advance?
    Were you salaried or did you put in a timesheet?
    What notice period were you required to give?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Re: Walked out of employment

Hello, thanks for your reply.

I have raised the issues on numerous occasions, but it's fell on death ears.

I'm paid in arrears, I'm salaried, and I was contractually supposed to give 4 weeks of notice.

Michael.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
      See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
      X