• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Halifax - Unfair relationship!?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Halifax - Unfair relationship!?

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
    Hello Spellkaster,

I would wait until the middle of next week to see if anything turns up, then we can consider the next move.

nem
    Its now Wednesday and I've still had no response from the Halifax.

I cannot go to the Financial Ombudsman Service because I've been with them previously on 2 separate complaints and both went against me.

So, where do I stand now with a lender who is just not replying over unenforceability issues and an incomplete credit agreement!?

Comment

Originally posted by Spellkaster View Post
      Its now Wednesday and I've still had no response from the Halifax.

I cannot go to the Financial Ombudsman Service because I've been with them previously on 2 separate complaints and both went against me.

So, where do I stand now with a lender who is just not replying over unenforceability issues and an incomplete credit agreement!?
      Ok, Were the previous complaints on the same matter?

nem

Comment

Ok, Were the previous complaints on the same matter?

nem
        No it was about how the bank lent me the credit.

Comment

Nemesis
          The missing page numbers were mentioned in relation to the S78 request

NOWHERE in the letter do you mention the S77 request for the loan

Comment

The uploaded agreement was for a halifax classic card which to me at any rate suggests a credit card.

I am not sure the loan agreement has been uploaded , or if it has it isn't there now.

Comment

No it was about how the bank lent me the credit.
              Then one more try at a Formal Complaint to see if they will issue a final response letter after which back to the ombudsman.

nem

Comment

The letter is in regard to the credit card.
                And that agreement is posted as you say.
                Your tone of posting reminds me of someone can't put a name to it though.

Comment

Nemsis
                  I was not trying to argue, just raise a point, it was you that was rude and abrupt with me. If you thought I was being rude to you I apologise. All I was doing was making some observations as I saw them - for example the application online but with a signature. I fully appreciate that some cards are applied for and signed for online , I was just looking for clarity as this didn't seem to be the case this time.

The original post talks about a loan and a credit card, spellkaster then uploaded the credit card agreement, but did say that they had uploaded the loan agreement as well

All i said was there was no mention in the letter of the errors in the loan agreement and you bit my head off

I have no clue as to what you mean about reminding you of someone because to my knowledge we have never interacted in any way before I joined legal beagles

Comment

Originally posted by Linus View Post
                    Nemsis
                    I was not trying to argue, just raise a point, it was you that was rude and abrupt with me. If you thought I was being rude to you I apologise. All I was doing was making some observations as I saw them - for example the application online but with a signature. I fully appreciate that some cards are applied for and signed for online , I was just looking for clarity as this didn't seem to be the case this time.

The original post talks about a loan and a credit card, spellkaster then uploaded the credit card agreement, but did say that they had uploaded the loan agreement as well

All i said was there was no mention in the letter of the errors in the loan agreement and you bit my head off

I have no clue as to what you mean about reminding you of someone because to my knowledge we have never interacted in any way before I joined legal beagles
                    The personal loan agreement is too legit for me to do anything about it.

Its the credit card agreement I am concerned with.

By the way, its now Thursday, still no response from the Halifax.

- - - Updated - - -

So, I want to raise a formal complaint regarding the credit card agreement, and missing documentation and no response to the letter.

I addressed the letter to Harry Singh who is Director for Collection and Recoveries based in Rosyth.

Whom is the most senior person at the Halifax whom I can now go to!?

Comment

Hi Spellkaster

I noticed you said the agreement for the personal loan had the incorrect address on it , that was my reason for querying it. If that was sent in response to a S77 request that surely means it is wrong.

Either it is a recon and maybe they do not know what address you lived at or if your signature is on there , surely that means it is a forgery.

I do understand that it is unusual to have agreements so late unenforceable but it can happen. I also know that they could fix it but...

Obviously I can only comment on what you have said and posted

- - - Updated - - -

Adding to that, why do you want to make a complaint when you could just let sleeping dogs lie and wait for it to become statute barred. My thought is that the more you poke them and the higher you go the more effort they may pyt into finding the right documents

If they owed you money I would understand but not when you owe them

Comment

The personal loan agreement is too legit for me to do anything about it.

Its the credit card agreement I am concerned with.

By the way, its now Thursday, still no response from the Halifax.

- - - Updated - - -

So, I want to raise a formal complaint regarding the credit card agreement, and missing documentation and no response to the letter.

I addressed the letter to Harry Singh who is Director for Collection and Recoveries based in Rosyth.

Whom is the most senior person at the Halifax whom I can now go to!?
                        Hi ,

When you say the address on the Loan Agreement is wrong is it totally wrong or is it an address you have lived at?

Because a reconstituted agreement must have your name and address as it was when the account was opened and the relevant T's & C's, also it must have the T's & C's when the account was closed.

nem

Comment

Hi ,

When you say the address on the Loan Agreement is wrong is it totally wrong or is it an address you have lived at?

Because a reconstituted agreement must have your name and address as it was when the account was opened and the relevant T's & C's, also it must have the T's & C's when the account was closed.

nem
                          The address on the loan agreement is wrong because I was not living there at the time the loan agreement was executed.

Comment

The address on the loan agreement is wrong because I was not living there at the time the loan agreement was executed.
                            Ok then it is not compliant, if the documents are purported to be a " reconstituted" agreement for the loan it must have your name/address as it was when the account was opened and the T's and C's when the account was closed.

nem

Comment

Ok then it is not compliant, if the documents are purported to be a " reconstituted" agreement for the loan it must have your name/address as it was when the account was opened and the T's and C's when the account was closed.

nem
                              I had changed address and notified the branch accordingly when I moved house at the time.

It was the banks fault to have no updated their records accordingly.

By the way, I have had no response from the letter regarding the credit card agreement.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X