• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court Letter from Lowells Solicitors - HELP ASAP PLEASE!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Court Letter from Lowells Solicitors - HELP ASAP PLEASE!!!

Hello,

please can anyone help i have received a court letter/response pack and have only 14 days!

Issue Date: 21st July
    Amount Approx: £2500
    Claimant: Lowell Solicitors
    Original Creditor: Simply Be
    not statute barred - last made a payment approx April 2015

received claim form for county court business center, an agreement was made reliable collections were i was paying £150 per month, original debt was approx £1700 and paid roughly half of the debt. missed a couple of payments when a letter was received from Sigma back in January 2016 to say the debt had been passed to Lowell with a debt of £2500. after reading other posts online i ignored letters hoping they would go away knowing the amount owed was incorrect.

on the particulars of claim it states the agreement was assigned to the claimant on 27/10/15 and notice given to the defendant, however i have not received any letters from them until January 2016. (not sure if this is reliable collections). Does this mean they have the original agreement?

I have been so stressed about this, i can not get a CCJ and have taken out a bank loan to pay off the debt but do not want to have to do this unless i really really have to!

i have today rang Lowells solicitors i denied that the debt was mine but to reduce the stress/long winded process i asked for the debt to reduced and make a settlement, their response was that they are not willing to negotiate at this stage

Can anyone please help or offer some advice on what to do next? Should i pay the debt or try to defend this as i am limited for time now.
    Tags: None

Re: Court Letter from Lowells Solicitors - HELP ASAP PLEASE!!!

Hello, firstly try not to panic as hard as that sounds...

You must acknowledge the claim on MCOL to give yourself more breathing space...

Take a look at this thread http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...it-Court-Claim

Comment

Hi stresshead123

As @Stu says, acknowledge the court claim asap.

Re the £150 payments, who were you paying to, & how were payments made?
      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
      gets his brain a-going.
      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by stresshead123 View Post
        Hello,

please can anyone help i have received a court letter/response pack and have only 14 days!

Issue Date: 21st July

Good afternoon.

You have stated above that the claimant is Lowell Solicitors Ltd., the claimant will be one of the Lowell group e.g. Lowell Financial or Lowell Portfolio 1 Ltd
        Which one is it please.

When you are making the request for the agreement (CCA request) this must go to the claimant named on the N1 claim form not to the solicitors. The CPR 31 14 request for the documents mentioned in the particulars of claim
        Amount Approx: £2500
        Claimant: Lowell Solicitors
        Original Creditor: Simply Be
        not statute barred - last made a payment approx April 2015

received claim form for county court business center, an agreement was made reliable collections were i was paying £150 per month, original debt was approx £1700 and paid roughly half of the debt. missed a couple of payments when a letter was received from Sigma back in January 2016 to say the debt had been passed to Lowell with a debt of £2500. after reading other posts online i ignored letters hoping they would go away knowing the amount owed was incorrect.

on the particulars of claim it states the agreement was assigned to the claimant on 27/10/15 and notice given to the defendant, however i have not received any letters from them until January 2016. (not sure if this is reliable collections). Does this mean they have the original agreement?

I have been so stressed about this, i can not get a CCJ and have taken out a bank loan to pay off the debt but do not want to have to do this unless i really really have to!

i have today rang Lowells solicitors i denied that the debt was mine but to reduce the stress/long winded process i asked for the debt to reduced and make a settlement, their response was that they are not willing to negotiate at this stage

Can anyone please help or offer some advice on what to do next? Should i pay the debt or try to defend this as i am limited for time now.
        Good afternoon,

I see you name Lowell Solicitors as the claimant, the claimant will be a company of the Lowell group e.g. Lowell Financial Ltd or Lowell Portfolio 1 Ltd.

You need to keep off the phone to Lowell or their solicitors fortunately verbal admissions of liability cannot be used against you.

Have you acknowledged service of the claim? Have you stated intention to defend? If not do so now at Money Claim Online details are on the forms.

You need to send a request to the Claimant for a copy of the agreement see template in the green box at the top of the main forum page. Use a postal order for £1 marked for statutory fee only.
        Lowell has 12 + 2 Working Days to comply.

Then a request made under the provisions of Civil Procedure Rule 31 .14 ( green box as well) this goes to Lowell Solicitors Ltd., Use signed for post for both requests.

nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
        X