• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cabot finance taking me to court

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cabot finance taking me to court

I had finance with British credit trust
    Got in to areas paid half handed car back I thought this was the end of it
    But for 2 years I have had Cabot finance chasing me for 9000 pounds
    It's been to court twice and at the moment has a stay on it
    But back in court Friday please help
    Tags: None

Re: Cabot finance taking me to court

Good evening Jason, welcome to LB,

You will need to give us a lot more detail if we are to help you.
    e.g. what are the details of the 2 court cases? Why is the claim back in court now?
    Why was the claim stayed?

Please post up the Particulars of Claim or type it in word for word.

nem

Comment

Hi Jasonknox & welcome to LB

I'll give [MENTION=71570]R0b[/MENTION] a nudge for you.

Btw, the finance? HP? Conditional sale? Loan? Something else?
      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
      gets his brain a-going.
      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Car finance

Fell in to difficulty paid half finance handed car back thought that was the end of it but 4 years later I got Cabot finance chasing me for 9000 pounds and will be in court Friday please help

Comment

Re: Car finance

Originally posted by Jasonknox View Post
          Fell in to difficulty paid half finance handed car back thought that was the end of it but 4 years later I got Cabot finance chasing me for 9000 pounds and will be in court Friday please help
          Jason are all these threads you have started about the same case?

If so it would be easier to keep to just one otherwise it gets very confusing.

nem

Comment

Because first time they turned up but they had no contract so the judge declined there order
            They have now got contract
            They have tried on 3 occasions to get to get stayed overturned without hearing

Comment

Because first time they turned up but they had no contract so the judge declined there order
              They have now got contract
              They have tried on 3 occasions to get to get stayed overturned without hearing
              The claimant simply has to pay a fee to lift the stay so this is not making sense.

nem

Comment

They tried to get the claim in there favour without a hearing at Northampton court but has now be put for hearing in Southampton court on Friday

Comment

They tried to get the claim in there favour without a hearing at Northampton court but has now be put for hearing in Southampton court on Friday
                  OK they have paid the fee to have the stay lifted and the claim has been transferred to your local court.

Do you mean the claimant has sought " summary judgment"?

What is/was your defence to the claim?? Just that the claimant did not have the agreement?

nem

Comment

I said to the judge that I was told if I paid half and sent car back I would not have to pay any more
                    So the judge said he could not make decision as no contract present

Comment

I said to the judge that I was told if I paid half and sent car back I would not have to pay any more
                      So the judge said he could not make decision as no contract present
                      OK so now they have the contract?

Have you been sent a copy of the contract so that you can amend your defence if necessary?

nem

Comment

Yes I got contract it's says if I paid 50 percent I can vt which I did voluntary hand the car back it was all done through me and British credit trust
                        There was no court order to reposes the car but I have no corsopdense of the vt last time I made payment before vt was 7 /6/2011

Comment

[QUOTE=Jasonknox;665113]Yes I got contract it's says if I paid 50 percent I can vt which I did voluntary hand the car back it was all done through me and British credit trust
                          There was no court order to reposes the car but I have no corsopdense of the vt last time I made payment before vt was 7 /6/2011[/QUOTE}

So from what does this claim arise?
                          Is the claimant saying it has no record of the VT?

nem

Comment

They have not mentioned anything about the vt they just put there is no clause on my terms and conditions allowing me to return the vechile without paying the full balance with light of this can you withdraw your defence and fill in the n9a
                            That's the letter they sent on the 15 th March

Comment

They have not mentioned anything about the vt they just put there is no clause on my terms and conditions allowing me to return the vechile without paying the full balance with light of this can you withdraw your defence and fill in the n9a
                              That's the letter they sent on the 15 th March
                              Jason please post a copy of the AGREEMENT you have so that the others can see what there is.

If you need help with this I'm sure [MENTION=49370]Kati[/MENTION] will be able to help.

nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X